Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Best Rides In Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 07:20 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyhusker
Thanks everyone for all your help. I can't wait. Wife and I take a vacation on the scoot every summer and our goal is to ride in every state. This summer plans include North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan.

Ride safe all.

If anyone is going to Sturgis, we always camp at Glencoe. Best party in Sturgis. Look me up and I will buy you a beer.

Thanks again for all the great information.
HarleyHusker, if you are going into Upper Michigan take in Mackinac Bridge and Ishpaming Mi, also make sure you stop and buy a couple of homemade Pasties for lunch, they are best with catsup. They are a pie shell folded up with meat, potatoes, gravy, veggies and a pinch of cabbage and spices. They are fantastic.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:20 PM
harleyhusker
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks again to everyone for all the great information.

Looking forward to our trip in June.

Ride safe everyone.

Old 03-07-2015, 05:38 AM
KJB
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by scumBAGGER
make sure you go by Docs Hd
Amen to Doc's. I can't say it is the most unique HD Dealership because I haven't been to all of them but I can say it is VERY unique. Check it out at the link below.

http://www.docshd.com/

Old 03-07-2015, 08:08 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

hwy 33 from la Crosse to The Dells was a great ride...

going spend more time in southern Wis this year down by New Diggins area

just found a place on Fb that locals recommend Rocton tavern south of La Crosse there Fb page shows a huge BBQ out back I guess they do 700 to 900 dinners every sunday off the BBQ..

Cant go wrong with the Great River Rd......

oh and I cant forget about Bee Town.....lol...make sure you hit Bee town, the bar owner was a Hoot.....ask what the special is for dinner then order the chicken see what that get ya.....lol

Old 03-09-2015, 08:51 AM
Detroit-1
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 19 Posts

Eagle River area has some good roads. Go north west from there up to the Porkies and Copper Harber in Mich.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:54 AM
Milwaukeebuddy
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jrrarr
Ride the loop around Door County, not the state roads but the local roads closer to the shore. Might as well stop at Lambeau on the way there. Not far from Green Bay is Hwy 55(?) from Shawano to Crandon which I try to get to at least once a year. Docs Harley and museum in Shawano should be worked into the schedule, see the Road Dog. I live near Madison and the Wednesday night bike night at the Middleton Quaker Steak & Lube is one of the largest in the nation. Live music during the summer months and hundreds of bikes. Since your in this area lay out a route through the Baraboo bluffs and Devils Lake state park. If you search on Baraboo Bluffs you'll find a great route or two, consult with me if you want more. The Bluffs aren't far from Quaker Steak so work all that together on a Wednesday.

The Quaker Steak & Lube in New Berlin (Milwaukee) on Wednesday draws over a thousand bikes of various types. Then the next day the H-D Museum has Bike Night as well. Like previously said, the Western part of the state has the best scenery, but a cruise along Lake Michigan (North of Sheboygan) is nice.

Old 03-10-2015, 02:43 PM
roadking-classic
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Southwest Wisconsin roads are the blackhills of the Midwest. Get off the number highways and cruise the hill country on the county highways and town roads. We live in the North and go down to the driftless region (google it) every chance we get. Kickapoo river valley and Highway 131is great. The Rockton Bar on Sundays is what we call the Chicken Run. 5 hours each way but worth it. Make it there at least three time a year. Hotel Hillsboro can't be beat for a bikers Paradise. Hotel, sports bar and restaurant all in one. Someone said Wooden Nickel, great burgers and scenery. New Diggins general store for a burger. Bobs Bitchin BBQ in Dodgeville. See if you can find the Norwegian Hollow Hideaway near Purdy. Top Dawgs just north if the Mindoro cut on Hwy 108. They have 108 burgers on the menu! Just watch out for the Amish buggy exhaust on the roads! Early Sunday mornings they are all heading out for church. We'll be in Hillsboro last weekend of June. Stop in at Breezers for a cold one.