Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Best Rides In Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 06:22 AM
harleyhusker
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Best Rides In Wisconsin

We are planning a summer trip to Wisconsin on the harley. If anyone has any suggestions of great things to see and areas to ride I would appreciate your feedback very much.

Thanks in advance.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:07 PM
giacomo56
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 145 Posts

Don't know exactly what part of Wisconsin you are going to visit, but the western part adjacent to the Mississippi river the roads are pretty cool, lots of hills and curves. Visit the House on the Rock, hokey but cool....Galena for old time town shopping, River Road is pretty nice.....if you get to Milwaukee. HD museum...lunch by lake Geneva, where all the rich Chicagoens used to go....

Just some ideas....

Old 03-05-2015, 02:19 PM
harleyhusker
Cruiser

Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:18 PM
jrrarr
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ride the loop around Door County, not the state roads but the local roads closer to the shore. Might as well stop at Lambeau on the way there. Not far from Green Bay is Hwy 55(?) from Shawano to Crandon which I try to get to at least once a year. Docs Harley and museum in Shawano should be worked into the schedule, see the Road Dog. I live near Madison and the Wednesday night bike night at the Middleton Quaker Steak & Lube is one of the largest in the nation. Live music during the summer months and hundreds of bikes. Since your in this area lay out a route through the Baraboo bluffs and Devils Lake state park. If you search on Baraboo Bluffs you'll find a great route or two, consult with me if you want more. The Bluffs aren't far from Quaker Steak so work all that together on a Wednesday.

Old 03-05-2015, 06:42 PM
3bc
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a 40 mile stretch of roads getting up to Door County and past Kohler are beat to high hell. Not comfortable in a car let alone a bike. But Door County is great, and if you make it there make sure to stop by. Al Johnson's for some Swedish pancakes.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:17 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

As stated, Door county is a good day. Also Hwy 35, Great River Road, in western Wisconson good in either direction. Northern part of the state around Watersmeet and Hayward, very rustic. If you want a real adventure, head farther north up to Copper Harbor Mi. to the end of US 41. Superior, Wi east along Lake Superior is another great ride. Take in the Apostle Islands and Bayfield Wi. This is pure God's Country.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:15 PM
Haywired
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of great riding in the north, also lots of 4 legged deer running around at night so try to plan not to ride at night. Checkers named many good spots.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:35 AM
scumBAGGER
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

make sure you go by Docs Hd

Old 03-06-2015, 08:00 AM
harleyhusker
Cruiser

Thanks everyone for all your help. I can't wait. Wife and I take a vacation on the scoot every summer and our goal is to ride in every state. This summer plans include North Dakota, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan.

Ride safe all.

If anyone is going to Sturgis, we always camp at Glencoe. Best party in Sturgis. Look me up and I will buy you a beer.

Thanks again for all the great information.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:18 AM
John5395
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I've only ridden SW Wisconsin, and it's all good. Be sure to stop at the Wooden Nickel in Ferryville if you like bloody marys. It's a few miles north of Prairie du Chien, on the river road.

Quick Reply: Best Rides In Wisconsin