Road Trips Let us know where you've been on your Harley, the best places to visit on a bike, etc.

Good Place to stay in Palm Springs CA

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 06:53 PM
F_CPT98
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Place to stay in Palm Springs CA

The wife and I have a three day trip planned at the end of this month. planning to ride to Palm Springs and stay a couple of nights. Anyone know a good place to stay, eat, drink, ride (Not necessarily in that order) but any info would be appreciated,

Thanks, JB

Old 03-05-2010, 07:21 PM
mcneal
Novice
Default Palm Springs scooting

There's a couple Hotel 6's on the main drag that are nice but never stayed there...we do the motorhome thing but the one on East Palm Canyon has a great pool & quick access to down town & 13 miles from Palm Dessert. A couple friends who we met by accident in Palm Springs last Fall rode to "ROYS DINER" on old Route 66...an old restaurant , gas station that was recently restored & operational...we camped in the field beside Roys a few years ago while they were working on it. Yucca Valley's also a nice shorter ride from Palm Springs with a Harley dealer with an attached 50 style Diner with good food. There's also a Harley dealer on Indian Canyon on the North side of #10 hwy. which, if your like me would like to check out for something to do. Check these out on Googles for more info.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:44 PM
F_CPT98
Tourer

Thanks for the great info...Will check into these places.

Old 03-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

"Roy's" is in Amboy on old 66. The sheriff of the town is the diner/gas station attendant. Cool guy. Oh, the town is the diner. Another nice day ride would be to head towards the south and over the mountain towards Anza. Go to Idyllwild and down to Beaumont and take the 10 back to Palm Springs. Cool ride so take a jacket.

Old 03-05-2010, 10:32 PM
mcneal
Novice

Ya hwy #74 out of Palm Dessert is a great scoot road but may get a little cool this time of year...lots of sharp corners etc. maybe some snow...not what you want if you want warmth...stay in the dessert!

Old 03-07-2010, 02:36 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Las Casuelas Terraza, 222 S. Palm Ave., Palm Springs. Excellent mexican restaurant with very good live entertainment. The band has played there for a couple decades and put on a very good show. There is a nice motel on the street right behind the restaurant that allows you to park safely and walk to the restaurant so you can enjoy their excellent margueritas. I'll see if I can get the name and address of the motel for you.

It's the Best Western Las Brisas. But the rates are high for my taste right now. Check around town, you'll do better.

Last edited by Other Sheep; 03-07-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:45 PM
F_CPT98
Tourer

Originally Posted by Other Sheep
Las Casuelas Terraza, 222 S. Palm Ave., Palm Springs. Excellent mexican restaurant with very good live entertainment. The band has played there for a couple decades and put on a very good show. There is a nice motel on the street right behind the restaurant that allows you to park safely and walk to the restaurant so you can enjoy their excellent margueritas. I'll see if I can get the name and address of the motel for you.

It's the Best Western Las Brisas. But the rates are high for my taste right now. Check around town, you'll do better.
Thanks will do!! You gotta love some good Mexican food and Margaritas and live music to top it off...Good times

Old 03-08-2010, 12:10 PM
mcneal
Novice
Default Flee Market

The flee market at The College of The Desert in Palm Desert is always interesting as well as the street fair in down town Palm Springs on Thursday nights is great for people watching!