Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

Navigation Doesn't Find Closest Gas Station

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Just Don
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation Doesn't Find Closest Gas Station

My navigation system does not locate the nearest gas station when I get low on fuel and it asks if I want to find one. I have been near known stations and it points me miles away. Anyone experience the same? Any comments are appreciated.

Old 10-09-2015, 04:58 AM
Jack the Lad
Tourer
Received 288 Likes on 132 Posts

Mine presents me with a list which I can scroll down through, giving direction, distance and brand for each one.

Unfortunately, the list seems to include every location that has sold fuel any time in the last 100 years!

Old 10-10-2015, 12:06 PM
jetspeed8
Tourer

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have also noticed with mine (2015 CVO) that it will actually turn me in the wrong direction every once in a while..... Not good. Have talked with my local Harley Service Manager and they are querying HD about this.

Old 10-15-2015, 03:56 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Same here. I was within eyesight of three stations and the gps was sending me 5 mi the other way.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:30 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Glad I never use that feature. I just fill up when I'm between 160 and 180 miles on the trip odo. Never failed me.

Newfangled worthless junk. Hate that I have paid a fortune over the years for stuff made standard in vehicles that I have no intention of using or any need for. CB's, satellite radio's, am/fm radio's, CD player, GPS.

Love cruise control and ABS!

I covered most of the North American Continent and ride over 30K a year. The HD touring atlas and knowing that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west along with an occasional road sign has always worked for me. I am 75 and never have been lost or ran out of gas.

I am so adventurist that I don't even book ahead for a motel.

Last edited by lh4x4; 10-15-2015 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:35 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,961 Likes on 1,687 Posts

My smartphone with Google maps is updated and current as of midnight last night.

The antique, obsolete, out-of-date HD map data?

Who knows.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:19 AM
journeyman
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

What I have found is...
It does not update information from the moment it starts the search.

So, if you try to make it to the next town, it will always want to take you back to the closest gas station from "three exits back" even though you are at a corner with three in sight.

Old 10-20-2015, 11:30 AM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,426 Likes on 11,193 Posts

I rented a Rushmore this past summer for a week. I found that some of the navigation settings did some weird $hit. For example, I can't remember exactly what it was called, but the feature to take scenic routes was set when I picked up the bike. Man, that did some weird routing. Maybe if this is set, it won't take you to the closest gas station, if there is one on a more scenic route, even if it is further away.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:29 PM
Just Don
Cruiser

I agree about the lack of ongoing updated search. It seems you have to hit the refresh button on the right side as often as you want current, although inaccurate info.

Old 10-20-2015, 06:32 PM
Just Don
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
I rented a Rushmore this past summer for a week. I found that some of the navigation settings did some weird $hit. For example, I can't remember exactly what it was called, but the feature to take scenic routes was set when I picked up the bike. Man, that did some weird routing. Maybe if this is set, it won't take you to the closest gas station, if there is one on a more scenic route, even if it is further away.
I always have mine set to fastest route, so I don't think that is the problem. I think it is more messed up when you run low on gas and they ask if you want to find a station. Simply searching for one on your own appears to give better results.

Quick Reply: Navigation Doesn't Find Closest Gas Station