2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2019 Streetbob 1stmods

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 09:10 AM
Bangorbobber
Stage III
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2019 Streetbob 1stmods

Picking up a 2019 Streetbob on Tuesday and I have a few questions. Looking to add some Vance and Hines pipes and I was wondering if I need a tuner after adding them? Also looking to upgrade the breather and same question....do I need a tuner. If so, V&H Fuelpack or HD tuner?

Thanks for any insight.

Old 05-19-2019, 11:26 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 955 Likes on 657 Posts

I have a 1 week old FXBB, I bought the FP3, Big Radius and intake.... so yes... you need a tuner if you change the intake and exhaust.

I prefer the V&H FP3, got 4 pcs of them on my Harley's and I got 1 PV on the FXFBS, still learning the PV but a FP3 is simple as hell and you can manage everything true your phone.
The advantage of the FP3 is that you have nothing visible on your motorcycle, with the PV that is visible I find it a little less good looking.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:09 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 1,212 Posts

The power vision is a better tuner if you want to do a cam or more than a stage I, the power vision does NOT have to stay on your bike.
I prefer the power vision.

Old 05-19-2019, 06:46 PM
vynnski
Intermediate
Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

Note that if you happen to go with slipons you shouldn't need a tune.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:49 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by OldMike
The power vision is a better tuner if you want to do a cam or more than a stage I, the power vision does NOT have to stay on your bike.
I prefer the power vision.
I agree on your remark from the PV but if you want the gadgets that this thing give, you need it on your bike to see them. It is just like a another GPS on your handlebar, that's why I think
an FP3 is "better" because you always have it invisible on the bike and you can still control mappings or put it in autotune, look at the fancy gauges at all times with your phone.

I recently bought a PV for my 1 year old FXFBS, 1 week ago I bought a new FXBB and I didn't hesitate I purchased.and again a FP3 for the sake of simplicity. If the OP only want intake
and exhaust like I do on the FXBB I advice him the FP3. A child could use this since they al got a cellphone these days

The following users liked this post:
vynnski (05-20-2019)
Old 05-20-2019, 09:59 AM
Chicagowin
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
I have a 1 week old FXBB, I bought the FP3, Big Radius and intake.... so yes... you need a tuner if you change the intake and exhaust.

I prefer the V&H FP3, got 4 pcs of them on my Harley's and I got 1 PV on the FXFBS, still learning the PV but a FP3 is simple as hell and you can manage everything true your phone.
The advantage of the FP3 is that you have nothing visible on your motorcycle, with the PV that is visible I find it a little less good looking.
Did you have any problems with the tune? I read somewhere that people are having problems with the tune because of the 02 sensors and the 12-18 adapters v&h provides.

Old 05-20-2019, 10:13 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chicagowin
Did you have any problems with the tune? I read somewhere that people are having problems with the tune because of the 02 sensors and the 12-18 adapters v&h provides.

No problems so far, what would the problem be ?

I do not understand why a adapter could cause a problem but to be honnest I make my adapters myself in my machineshop but a adapter is a adapter I think.

It is difficould to say in words but the only thing i can imagine is that their O2 sensors are too thick or in other words too high / long so that the sensors do not
get deep enough in the exhaust and an erroneous reading happened in the ECM .

Old 05-20-2019, 12:25 PM
Chicagowin
Advanced
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
No problems so far, what would the problem be ?

I do not understand why a adapter could cause a problem but to be honnest I make my adapters myself in my machineshop but a adapter is a adapter I think.

It is difficould to say in words but the only thing i can imagine is that their O2 sensors are too thick or in other words too high / long so that the sensors do not
get deep enough in the exhaust and an erroneous reading happened in the ECM .
That’s the exact problem some people were having. With the adapter it out the o2 sensor 1/2in or whatever it is farther out.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:33 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

I make the adapter without a big thick collar, mine have a small edge that you hardly notice. When mounted the O2 sensor, it sits like a oem mounted one and you do not see any part of the adapter.

Old 05-21-2019, 11:17 AM
Will13
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Really enjoy the fp3, simple quick and controls from the phone is awesome when you don’t have a laptop..I recommend doin the tuner even with just slip-ons..gets rid of the crazy decel pop and smooths it out a lot..felt a good difference with a non carb tuner when I went stage one..and fp3 is good for stage two and I believe they are going to add more options for further stages but maybe just a stage 3..