Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Ohlins remote reservoir shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 06:39 PM
07ntrain
Tourer
Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts
Default SE Ohlins remote reservoir shocks

Ok, I have a 2018 street glide special, no tour pack, I'm 6'4" 285lbs and ride solo about 95% of the time. In the bags, if I have anything at all its just my clothes and stuff for a weekend.

The stock shocks suck and I looked around in Canada for dealers and no ohlins brands are in stock and on top of that the places don't even offer free shipping on a set of shocks over 2 grand. Local dealer has a set of the SE ohlins in stock for cheaper than the HD044. Does the progressive vs linear spring really make that much of a difference. I spoke to the sales guy and he said id be fine with the SE ones, but hes the sales guy.

A buddy has the SE ones and says they are amazing over stock. He's about 250lbs on a 2018 CVO woth a tour pack. Setting them up was time consuming he said ashe did it alone. I dont want to really wait 3 to 4 weeks as summer is short in Canada.

The following users liked this post:
Mongo1958 (05-17-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 09:05 PM
Y2K
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,218 Likes on 1,355 Posts

I bought mine from Fuel Moto,they were great to deal with setting them up for my specs.

The following users liked this post:
NorthWestern (05-16-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 04:19 AM
07ntrain
Tourer

Originally Posted by Y2K
I bought mine from Fuel Moto,they were great to deal with setting them up for my specs.
The issue is getting anything shipped to canada, all the fees make it not worth it.

Old 05-17-2024, 06:00 AM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,564 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Maybe a long ride to Fuelmoto is in order. Ride back with new shocks installed.

Old 05-17-2024, 06:32 AM
07ntrain
Tourer

Originally Posted by RKZen
Maybe a long ride to Fuelmoto is in order. Ride back with new shocks installed.
1800miles is a long way to travel for shocks.

Old 05-17-2024, 07:11 AM
Mongo1958
Road Master
Received 651 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by 07ntrain
Ok, I have a 2018 street glide special, no tour pack, I'm 6'4" 285lbs and ride solo about 95% of the time. In the bags, if I have anything at all its just my clothes and stuff for a weekend.

The stock shocks suck and I looked around in Canada for dealers and no ohlins brands are in stock and on top of that the places don't even offer free shipping on a set of shocks over 2 grand. Local dealer has a set of the SE ohlins in stock for cheaper than the HD044. Does the progressive vs linear spring really make that much of a difference. I spoke to the sales guy and he said id be fine with the SE ones, but hes the sales guy.

A buddy has the SE ones and says they are amazing over stock. He's about 250lbs on a 2018 CVO woth a tour pack. Setting them up was time consuming he said ashe did it alone. I dont want to really wait 3 to 4 weeks as summer is short in Canada.
@NoRegerts

NoRegerts Has a set of Ohlins with remote reservoir on his Bike that actually looks pretty cool.

Old 05-17-2024, 08:08 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,927 Likes on 4,691 Posts

The SE and the HD044 are basically indistinguishable. The HD044 can be customized with the specific spring you want, so at your weight, you'd get the heavy springs, where as I went standard. The SE springs are like the standard springs, and you might feel they are a little soft for you. They are designed for 190-250ish range, as it was explained to me by Ohlins.

The remote reservoir fits with my sissy bar and luggage rack when I use the brackets that came with them. You would have no issues with fitment. My only concern is your weight vs that lighter spring. But I think even then, it's still much better over stock.

The following 3 users liked this post by NoRegerts:
Cosmic Razorback (05-17-2024), hattitude (05-17-2024), RKZen (05-18-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 08:28 AM
07ntrain
Tourer

Originally Posted by NoRegerts
The SE and the HD044 are basically indistinguishable. The HD044 can be customized with the specific spring you want, so at your weight, you'd get the heavy springs, where as I went standard. The SE springs are like the standard springs, and you might feel they are a little soft for you. They are designed for 190-250ish range, as it was explained to me by Ohlins.

The remote reservoir fits with my sissy bar and luggage rack when I use the brackets that came with them. You would have no issues with fitment. My only concern is your weight vs that lighter spring. But I think even then, it's still much better over stock.
Yeah thats what i was thinking withbthe springs but with the availability and the price difference they should still be much better. The ohlins with the 28N/mm springs are never in stock in Canada.

Old 05-17-2024, 02:27 PM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,762 Likes on 3,141 Posts

The 044s come with a discreet bracket to hide res behind your bags if you prefer. The SE does not come with that, I was told.

Old 05-17-2024, 02:37 PM
Jshopes
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,232 Likes on 676 Posts

Yeah thats what i was thinking withbthe springs but with the availability and the price difference they should still be much better. The ohlins with the 28N/mm springs are never in stock in Canada.
theyre never in stock anywhere. they usually have to be swapped by the selling dealer. thats why if you want something not standard you pretty much have to go through a servicing dealer. as ohlins told me, the hd springs are progressive rate where ohlins from ohlins are straight weight. call a servicing dealer in canada, youll probably get better results.

Quick Reply: SE Ohlins remote reservoir shocks