Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my shotgun

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 08:51 AM
jam436
Supporter
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by UT-rckr
I got it for both, but now I never ride slammed or even park slammed. I just like the smooth ride and how easy it is to adjust between solo and 2 up riding.
Same here - I could care less about looks or trying to impress.
In fact I ride at stock height most of the time.
If you didn't spot the switches or compressor you'd never even know I had it.

Comfort and adjustability is what it's all about for me, and the quality of the ride has to be felt to be believed.
..and adding Progressive Monotubes up front this spring was really the icing on the cake.

Old 09-25-2014, 11:11 AM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 475 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by tripleb1911
For what ever reason I could care less about the Slam look but just want to double check. Do people get the Shotgun more for a cool way to lower the bike or is it more about the smoother ride over stock?
When I first joined here there were so many posts about the cool factor that I thought that was all it was for, showing off and ****. I did some research here and elsewhere and came to like the idea of the air ride suspension but was determined not to buy a Shotgun just because of the way people acted on this forum, then I spent an hour or better talking to the guy from Legend when I was at the 110th in Milwaukee last year. I looked at his design and even asked him what he thought about the Shotgun, he said it was a quality product. What sold me is the fact that the design of the Shotgun lets you adjust the air on both sides of the piston at any position of it's travel, which lends itself by design to lowering, where other air rides are just an air bag and use a hydraulic shock and/or a spring to control the dampening. More air = more height. I have had some issues with my Shotgun, but have found JD very easy to deal with, find somebody else that will send you a whole replacement unit on your word before sending the defective one back (and I think I had the last one sitting on the bench for over a month before replacing it and he never a word about "when are you going to return it") The ride is so much better than stock, I haven't quite reached the level of nirvana that some folks on here have, but it makes the old lady happy too.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:11 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

There is one thing never talked about here when discussing the SS. The conversation always has to do with cool or comfort. The 3rd thing is safety. I have gotten myself in a situation once and the only reason I got out of it in one piece and without going down was because of the SS. The SS ate up the adverse conditions and got me back up on the road. Had I had my stock suspension, without a doubt, I would have gone down.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:07 PM
slimmer
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this shock is amazing. My buddy has it on his bike and I did the lowering blocks and I will probably end up swapping to the shot gun.

Old 09-25-2014, 02:16 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

My softail with the Shotgun Shock.

Old 09-25-2014, 03:32 PM
AHH
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
My softail with the Shotgun Shock.
Sweet ride Hogpro, is that your ride height?

(Nice lookin wheels too, where did you get them? Heh heh.)

Old 09-25-2014, 04:36 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by tbonetony06
There is one thing never talked about here when discussing the SS. The conversation always has to do with cool or comfort. The 3rd thing is safety. I have gotten myself in a situation once and the only reason I got out of it in one piece and without going down was because of the SS. The SS ate up the adverse conditions and got me back up on the road. Had I had my stock suspension, without a doubt, I would have gone down.
What was "the situation?"

Old 09-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AHH
Sweet ride Hogpro, is that your ride height?

(Nice lookin wheels too, where did you get them? Heh heh.)
In the pic the bike is slammed all the way. The wheels were actually purchased long before I worked here from another company. Raise it up to ride it, slam it when parked. You guys know the drill.

Old 09-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Jimstang
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
Raise it up to ride it, slam it when parked. You guys know the drill.

That's the drill alright! Slam that ****

Attached Thumbnails Ordered my shotgun-breakout-9.jpg  
Old 09-26-2014, 12:10 AM
Olsen185
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I love my shotgun shock! I was worried about buying it, because of the cost, but it was worth every penny. The bike rides so much nicer now.

My normal ride height

Slammed

All the way up

Quick Reply: Ordered my shotgun