Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train springer bobber styled

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 11:15 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Ink, I went to weigh my stock battery but the battery in my digital scale is dead lolol. What are the odds lol.

Someone I'm sure will chime in with the weight. Sorry dude.

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Alain! How goes the jockey shift?
Jockey is off for now brah! I wasn't feeling it with my new clip on handle bars.

I might put it back on when I switch back to apes though.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:40 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts

All good thanks Alain for the attempt anyway.

A couple pics I had taken before going away for work again. The new 15x7 solid wheel with the 230 tyre, and the bars on to give you guys a better idea of where this is headed. Had to notch out the risers on one side a little as the welds on the inside of the bars stopped the risers from clamping up

Old 03-11-2015, 06:25 AM
rockerz
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm really liking the direction you are taking. Keep the pics coming!

Old 03-11-2015, 06:29 AM
SKT
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, really digging those bars with the Springer front end and the Avon Roadrunner on a solid wheel looks great - excellent choices!!

Old 03-11-2015, 07:48 AM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by rockerz
I'm really liking the direction you are taking. Keep the pics coming!
Thanks man, another week away from home. Two weekends from now I'll be home and start setting up the rear I'll get some more pics coming then

Originally Posted by SKT
. . Wow, really digging those bars with the Springer front end and the Avon Roadrunner on a solid wheel looks great - excellent choices!! . .
Cheers! I had my doubts on couple parts working together, but now seeing it in person it all works really well. Nothing worse then going away for work for a week just as more parts turn up, talk about eager to get back to work on it

Old 03-11-2015, 08:06 AM
stal94gt
Road Master
Received 95 Likes on 88 Posts

This bike is going to come out amazing. Keep us posted, your helping my ideas. Also who widened your swing arm?

Old 03-11-2015, 08:12 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Hell yeah dude !!!! Them bars are the perfect height. I don't know what it'll look like with you sitting on the bike but the placement of those gussets and their length is perfect.

I love the side wall height on the Avon tire, perfect height. And the combo of that tire and the solid rear wheel reminds me of a race car wheel for some reason. Haha, I'm big into muscle cars too, maybe that's why.

Is that the height you plan on mounting the gas tank? Or is that still up in the air? Out of the two tank choices you had this one was definitely the way to go.

Looks the business dude.

By the way, don't you have some vacation time at work you can take ??? You Can't keep us waitin like this mang !!
Lol

Old 03-11-2015, 02:45 PM
Ink83
Road Warrior

Stal I Darryl at Farstcycles in Sydney Australia to widen the swing arm for me

Alain the bars feel really short. The tall apes I had before were a good height for me. If the grip went straight out they wouldn't be so bad, but yeah these are low. Though they're still very comfortable in their own way. I don't think tall apes will suit this build, and these look right at home on there so I'll give them a go for awhile.

Yeah that tyre/wheel reminds me of something of a drag car or something, exactly the old racey look I was after. Love muscles and rat rods

The tank height is roughly where I want it I think. The rear can't go any lower and the front can only be drop down 1"-1 1/2". I've marked out the rear guard and sat it on, and I believe I can make it work with this tank. This tank is my favourite of the two so I've got my hopes high for it

Don't go putting ideas in my head about taking time off to finish it, it's killing me as it is having to work week in week off and leaving this behind each time haha

Old 03-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Finmad
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by stal94gt
if i cant find a small battery that works as well as the oem one then i will probably fab up a box of some sort to hold the computer in behind the swing arm

I have had mine behind the splash guard for a year now and have no problems with the weather. There is a small "pocket" back there, looks like it was made to hold the ecm. wonder if any softails have mounted back there from the factory.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:53 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member

Get the fenders and the top end of the engine on there and then finalize the height of the gas tank. That's what I would do.

Keep them pics coming pal.

Quick Reply: Night Train springer bobber styled