Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger Floor Boards on a Heritage

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 07:43 AM
Phil_R
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Passenger Floor Boards on a Heritage

I traded my Yamaha Road Star and am now again back on a Harley. A a very sweet 2012 Heritage Softail. However, the wife wanted floorboards, so I purchased a set. The mount requires you to remove the pivot bolt covers. So, following the directions, I did regretfully. Later I found out that on the right side of the bike, the pivot bolt cover would actually fit fine between the open end of the passenger floorboard mount. Cool, I put it back on and tightened everything back up! However on the left side (shifter / primary side) the "Y" opening was too small to fit over the pivot bolt cover. So after about an hour or more of grinding the "Y" opening of the mount, it is now opened up enough to go around the pivot bolt cover.
A little gloss black spray paint and the mount looks perfect! I don't have pictures of it but I grabbed a couple of pics off the net so you can see the mount bracket and bolt covers that I am referring to. Hopefully I can attach them.

Attached Thumbnails Passenger Floor Boards on a Heritage-hd-softail-pfb-kit.jpg   Passenger Floor Boards on a Heritage-hd-pbc.jpg  
Old 05-18-2016, 08:20 AM
Phil_R
Cruiser

Also wondering if any of you have made this modification as well?
Have a good day!
Phil

Old 05-18-2016, 05:59 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil_R
Also wondering if any of you have made this modification as well?
Have a good day!
Phil
I have pivot bolt covers and footboards on my 2012 Heritage. The only difference is that I modified the pivot bolt cover instead of the footboard bracket. I didn't want to alter the fit of the bracket around the pivot bolt.

I simply ground a notch into the edge of the pivot bolt cover to fit over that portion of the bracket. It sits flush with the bracket so it isn't noticeable.

All the pictures I have are with the footboard raised so you can't see pivot bolt cover.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:31 AM
Phil_R
Cruiser

Thanks for the reply!
I was told that was an option as well.
Glad it worked out for you!
Phil