Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Gave it a Good Chance...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 11:21 AM
HenryT
Road Master
Received 74 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Bone Doc
Mike, I think anyone's *** would get sore after 5-6 hours in the saddle. You tried the Corbin... it failed. Have you considered putting on about 30-40 pounds. Maybe the Corbin would be more comfortable?

At least you have a plan.

Nice scenery. Great looking bike.
+1 on the anyone sore after 5-6 hours in the saddle. Hope this new seat lives up to the expectation.

Old 06-26-2016, 04:01 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

that's one of the coolest looking bikes I've seen
and that exhaust is killer genius.

Old 06-26-2016, 06:00 PM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by HenryT
+1 on the anyone sore after 5-6 hours in the saddle. Hope this new seat lives up to the expectation.
I had this stock saddle on when my buddy and I did a 600 mile round trip up 395 and down thru Yosemite last fall. He lives 100 miles south of me, so I rode down to his place and we left from there. I had 400 miles the first day when we stopped in Mammoth lakes for the night, and coulda went another 100. He was on a CBR600 Honda. He was DONE at 300 miles!Of course we stopped every 100 to 150 miles for gas, so it wasn't 400 miles non stop

Of course the padding will all be changed, so yeah, I'm hoping for the best

Originally Posted by amkaos
that's one of the coolest looking bikes I've seen
and that exhaust is killer genius.
Thank you!

Old 06-28-2016, 09:41 PM
schlacker
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I bought a new Corbin over the winter & it looks great, I stuck with it & after about 2K so far this year it's starting to feel really good. Just today I made an adjustment to the backrest which I use on all-day/longer rides & "voila"... I found Nirvana.
For the record, I hate backrests because they interrupt the sleek lines of our scoots, but damn, After 30+years of riding I've never been more comfortable.
If you have to have a backrest, I believe Corbin is the best alternative with regard to fit & looks.

Last edited by schlacker; 06-28-2016 at 09:48 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:35 AM
Rodzilla6
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

That is a bummer Mike...seat comfort is a key factor for me to have a pleasant time...
I have a corbin on an older bike of mine and it is awesome due to it being shaped like a saddle. My brother had a newer one that did not work out.

I put a danny gray with saddle gel on mine and my butt thanks me on every ride...always comfortable!!!
My brother replaced his with another seat and did not get the saddle gel and he is again in pain and turns into the tasmanian devil when it starts hurting...lol.
Personally, i would never buy a new seat without saddle gel or now they have the airhawk built into the seat. That should be sweet...
Good luck making it comfortable.

Old 06-29-2016, 10:04 AM
Mike Lawless
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by schlacker
I bought a new Corbin over the winter & it looks great, I stuck with it & after about 2K so far this year it's starting to feel really good.
If you have to have a backrest, I believe Corbin is the best alternative with regard to fit & looks.
I bought this one in January, and I've put nearly 4000 miles on it. If I were just doing rides of four hours or less, there'd be no complaints. I use the back rest on longer rides and it makes a big difference, and the built in Corbin backrest is awesome. Easy on and off too.

Originally Posted by Rodzilla6
That is a bummer Mike...seat comfort is a key factor for me to have a pleasant time...
I have a corbin on an older bike of mine and it is awesome due to it being shaped like a saddle. My brother had a newer one that did not work out.
Well y'know, everyone is different, and the "Bottom" line is that it just isn't working out for me. The last thing I want to do is limit my ride time just because of the discomfort after a few hours. Even with taking a break every hour or two, toward the end of a long ride, I'm standing on the floor boards to get some circulation back.

Best thing to do is keep after it till I'm happy. I'll go ahead and get my stock seat refitted, and have the "Grasshopper" backrest I have covered to match. After that, I'll sell off the corbin to recoup some of my investment. It's a great looking saddle.

So yeah, it is a bit of a bummer.