Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air Ride Suspension Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:48 PM
T_Rob666
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Air Ride Suspension Questions

ORIGINAL: amighjm6

Progressive Airtail...only been running it for about 3 months, but so far no problems at all. Voodoo's bike looks sweet with the Legends and probably has more drop/lift range, but from what i understand...and someone can correct me if i'm wrong, butif you spring a leak or bust a bag, the shocks sag to lowest position? the airtail has a spring shock and an air shock, so if a line busts the spring shock returns the system to stock riding position and still provides some support...that's the only reason i went with progressive over legends. this pic has 'em lowered some, but could probably go down about another inchmax.

Where did you get it from?

T

Old 06-04-2007, 03:49 PM
T_Rob666
Banned

Anybody know the difference between the L2 and L3 systems?

T

Old 06-04-2007, 04:24 PM
luvriding
Advanced

Today installing an "Air Ride" suspension kit from Accessories Limited that's based in Victorville, CA. Having a local bike shop install. The guys around the bike shop aren't familiar with "Air Ride," but from my research the set up should be trouble-free. It's warranted.

From what I've read the ride should be a lot more comfortable than what I'm experiencing with the lowered HD shocks I installed.

I'm hoping for the best and will let you know.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:28 PM
T_Rob666
Banned

ORIGINAL: luvriding

Today installing an "Air Ride" suspension kit from Accessories Limited that's based in Victorville, CA. Having a local bike shop install. The guys around the bike shop aren't familiar with "Air Ride," but from my research the set up should be trouble-free. It's warranted.

From what I've read the ride should be a lot more comfortable than what I'm experiencing with the lowered HD shocks I installed.

I'm hoping for the best and will let you know.
Where did you get it? Got a link?

Old 06-04-2007, 04:42 PM
luvriding
Advanced

I picked it up via ebay. Unfortunately, on my research via the web I find that Accessories Limited only goes through dealerships and does not sell to private parties. But heck, won't hurt to try.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:46 PM
Mother
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

amighjm6,

I Was checking out the Airtail system, but it says on Progressive's site that the compressor does not fit on the Deuce. Did you just go with manual fill, or did you find a way to mount the compressor?

Old 06-04-2007, 05:08 PM
DR.Greenthumb
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'vehad the Progressive Airtail on my Fatboy for almost 4 years.No problems at all.It won't get you 5" of lowering though.Hell I didn't think the swing arm would move that far even with no shocks attached.It will give you a fully adjustable ride,height and firmess adjustments and maybe lower it 2 1/2 to 3"

Old 06-04-2007, 08:59 PM
TIPN8R
Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

After alot of research, check out my thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/m_1543509/tm.htm

Not putting down the other kits out there, but with it combined into one unit, and all your running is a few wires, it all adds up to a cleaner look. These guys had an answe to every question, and they were happy to chat and shoot the BS about it! I will be getting this hopefully before the end of the summer, or at the very latest, by Sept.
I planned on doing a write-up and photo shoot for it as well for another magazine I work for part time.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Hammer02
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For a unit nobody has ever heard of they are priced at the high end of the air suspensions available.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:35 PM
amighjm6
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Mother

amighjm6,

I Was checking out the Airtail system, but it says on Progressive's site that the compressor does not fit on the Deuce. Did you just go with manual fill, or did you find a way to mount the compressor?
the compressor will mount fine, but the control manifold and pressure guage won't fit without some modification. if you can see in the picture below, the control manifold and switch/pressure gauge/coil cover are built into that same piece just in front of the oil tank...and it hits the fuel line coming from the bottom rear of the tank and won't mount flush. it's an easy fix though...in the earliermodel deuces, there are actually 2 fuel line bungs, i just moved my fuel line from the rear bung tothe more forward one. if you only have the 1bung, then you'd have to take something like a dremel and notch out a small portion of the coverto fit around the line.

Quick Reply: Air Ride Suspension Questions