Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pump 2006 FXSTI

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 12:10 PM
Softailchick
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pump 2006 FXSTI

Hi! I'm a 54 yo new rider, I've been riding for two years going on my third. I'm involved in the American Legion Riders, Fleet Reserve Riders in my community. I absolutely LOVE riding..I have gained the respect of my peer riders and the guys even take me on their "all guys rides" a fact of which I'm very proud of. I organize rides for leisure and to visit new places. I like riding in the back where I can see what's going on.

I ride my bike to work everyday and love all my scooter trash friends. My son's in the Army and he's getting a bike too... can't wait to ride with him. I joined because I have a very specific problem, but I always stalk the HD Forums for answers to my questions but have been unable to find the answer to my oil pump issue.

The oil pump that came off my bike is obsolete, and apparently Haley hasn't told anyone what they are using to replace it. I have a 2006 FXSTI... cam bearing tore up and took the oil pump with it. JP doesn't carry it, I found several on eBay but I don't trust that stuff either. If anybody can help I would very much appreciate it and so would my husband as he hates it when I'm stuck at the house with out my ride....lol

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 05-22-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:50 PM
PurpleShark
Cruiser
Received 69 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm sure S&S do a full kit with either improved cam chain or gear driven with a new oil pump... but the S&S website seems to be down & I can't check

Old 05-22-2017, 04:12 PM
baloot-boy
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

You can do Harleys hydraulic cam tensioner upgrade kit. This upgrades the old style cam tensioners which you should replace anyways and also includes an upgraded oil pump. And since you are in there, make sure you change the bearings with torrington bearings.

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...l-pump-upgrade

Also, S&S makes a similar kit as well as Feuling.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:37 AM
magna
Stellar HDF Member
Received 236 Likes on 145 Posts

As baloot- boy says you can replace it with a whole kit, or just fit an upgraded oil pump as used on the 96 engined bikes, I assume that's what is in the upgrade kit. Check with your Harley dealership first that it'll fit.

Old 05-25-2017, 05:16 PM
Softailchick
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gentleman, Thank you soooo much!!! Got me on the right track! HD dealership took 4 hours to tell me that oil pump is obsolete and they replaced with a HP oil pump. It is the S&S pump. They had no idea and couldn't find the right part. I finally asked if they could call someone in WI who might know...I'm really pleased that you replied! Again thank you for taking time out of your days to help this old (new) biker chick out!

Last edited by Softailchick; 05-25-2017 at 05:22 PM.