Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I Buy Stolen Saddlebags?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 07:08 PM
skian
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I Buy Stolen Saddlebags?

I ordered a set of used HD One Touch Rushmore hard saddlebags off ebay to install on the Fatboy. The bags didn't come with locks. I ordered some cheap locks and installed them, but the bags won't lock. The locks I ordered seem to function properly. I think the plastic latching system inside the lids on the bags is broken. Now I'm wondering if I bought stollen bags! I called the dealer to see if they sell the plastic latching system, but they haven't gotten back to me. The seller on ebay is of course not replying to my messages.

Last edited by skian; 06-17-2017 at 03:23 AM.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:17 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,227 Likes on 1,410 Posts

eBay/PayPal seller protection will come in handy. Selling stolen items on eBay is [obviously] illegal. Take pictures, send them to eBay explaining there is blatant evidence of theft and you want your money back. PayPal doesn't release the money to the seller for some time after the item is received by the buyer for reasons like this.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:23 PM
JesseDyna
Road Warrior
Received 312 Likes on 228 Posts

What's the feedback rating of the seller? I would suspect lower for someone dealing in stolen wares. They will either get sent to Shawshank or rotate logins rather than accumulating a legitimate reputation. I think...maybe? You can always let 'er rip and share the seller name

Old 06-04-2017, 07:25 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,615 Likes on 5,177 Posts

Where do you think a large number of stolen parts get sold. Them great deals come at a price to others.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:27 PM
skian
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JesseDyna
What's the feedback rating of the seller? I would suspect lower for someone dealing in stolen wares. They will either get sent to Shawshank or rotate logins rather than accumulating a legitimate reputation. I think...maybe? You can always let 'er rip and share the seller name
Yeah, they have a good rating (169 positive, 1 neutral, 0 negative), so if the bags are stollen, I doubt they knew. I'll do some more research before I out the seller on here.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:23 AM
CyGlide
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by skian
Yeah, they have a good rating (169 positive, 1 neutral, 0 negative), so if the bags are stollen, I doubt they knew. I'll do some more research before I out the seller on here.
Possible they came off a repoed or theft recovery bike, or another bike that was somehow damaged and they didn't have the key for the bags.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:50 AM
Norky
Cruiser
Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Recently bought a set of Deluxe handlebars and riser on ebay. Looking at the sellers other items for sale, I couldn't help but wonder if it was all from stolen bikes. They had all kinds of bits and pieces from H-Ds.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,930 Likes on 2,569 Posts

Maybe your reproduction locks are the issue. Try real HD items, might fix your issue. Good luck.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:21 AM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

See that lil mark on the inside lip? I put it there when I purchased them, they were taken out of my garage about 3 months back, return them now!

Old 06-05-2017, 05:03 PM
WhiteNoise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonSmith
PayPal doesn't release the money to the seller for some time after the item is received by the buyer for reasons like this.
I'd just like to comment on this. If the seller and buyer are trusted by paypal; money is sent instantly and not held when buying/selling on ebay.

I sell and buy a lot on ebay and I have never had to wait to have full access to funds from buyers.

I only bring this up so someone that doesn't know any better doesn't assume they have a delay as a safety net.

Quick Reply: Did I Buy Stolen Saddlebags?