Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Additional LED Lighting for my Cherry

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 09:07 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Additional LED Lighting for my Cherry

Has anyone added engine guard mounted LED driving lights to their softail to provide better night time road visability and for being seen better during the day?

I was riding in a small grout a few days ago and a H-D RG or RK was behing me. He had a set of engine guard mounted LED lamps and it looked awsome in my mirrors. When we stopped, I looked at his lights but could not find a brand and he could not remember whose they were, only that he had gotten them from a vendor at a Daytona Bike Week a year ago or so. They were about 3" in dia. and the lamp body was an intragal cast piece (not a bucket). He did say he had to buy the mounting clamps seprate. Did a lot of on-line searching but can not find what they were.

I'e looked at the 2" turn-signal like buckets with the 2 rings of white LLED's and sets of 4 1/2" buckets with LED lamps mounted on clamps. One is too small the other too big.

Old 10-16-2018, 01:16 PM
HeelDragger
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Has anyone added engine guard mounted LED driving lights to their softail to provide better night time road visability and for being seen better during the day?

I was riding in a small grout a few days ago and a H-D RG or RK was behing me. He had a set of engine guard mounted LED lamps and it looked awsome in my mirrors. When we stopped, I looked at his lights but could not find a brand and he could not remember whose they were, only that he had gotten them from a vendor at a Daytona Bike Week a year ago or so. They were about 3" in dia. and the lamp body was an intragal cast piece (not a bucket). He did say he had to buy the mounting clamps seprate. Did a lot of on-line searching but can not find what they were.

I'e looked at the 2" turn-signal like buckets with the 2 rings of white LLED's and sets of 4 1/2" buckets with LED lamps mounted on clamps. One is too small the other too big.

Take a look at these, kind of nice looking and reasonable price. Not sure if they will fit on a mustache engine guard but if you have a conventional guard these might work for you.
https://www.ciriususa.com/product/ha...-guard-lights/

Old 10-16-2018, 02:20 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by HeelDragger
Take a look at these, kind of nice looking and reasonable price. Not sure if they will fit on a mustache engine guard but if you have a conventional guard these might work for you.
https://www.ciriususa.com/product/ha...-guard-lights/
I have looked at them. They look nice and I think they would fit on my Mustache guard, but, although they are supposed to be bright, not sure about how they would light up the road. They don't list any specs. Think they may be more for "being seen" rather than for "helping you see better at night".

I have found some Denali brand units that I'm considering. High $$$$'s but they are more what I'm looking for. Less than 4" in diameter, extreamly bright and intended as driving lights to light up the full width of the road.

Just wondering, is it OK to install an Italian light on a so called American made Harley

Old 10-16-2018, 02:44 PM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

You might call Custom Dynamics and ask them what they have. They use top of the line LED's unlike some other companies. I find their website hard to navigate, which is why I suggest calling.

The following users liked this post:
FrankEV (10-16-2018)
Old 10-17-2018, 02:41 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by martin10
You might call Custom Dynamics and ask them what they have. They use top of the line LED's unlike some other companies. I find their website hard to navigate, which is why I suggest calling.
CD does have small engine guard mounted LED Driving lights available. Looks nice but cost is steep. Not sure if they will do the job to light up the road at night...supposed to be bright but has only a 30 degree spread.

CD will be at the Datona Speedway for Biketoberfest. Going to try to get in to their set up early tomorrow morning and see if I like them. They might install them for me if I decide to buy them.

Thanks

Old 10-17-2018, 02:48 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

They were probably these:

https://www.clearwaterlights.com/col...s/all-products

Pricey, but you get what you pay for. I've been putting them on my 'King for a year now, life keeps getting in the way...

Old 10-17-2018, 07:14 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by shorelasHD
They were probably these:

https://www.clearwaterlights.com/col...s/all-products

Pricey, but you get what you pay for. I've been putting them on my 'King for a year now, life keeps getting in the way...
YIPE...can't go there!!!! I though the Denali's were high $$$$'s.

Old 10-17-2018, 08:07 PM
RollTideRoll
Advanced
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

I have the hd led lights on my engine guard

Old 10-18-2018, 03:02 PM
hagger
Banned
Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Got these on mine. They are very bright & not too pricey. Also shipping was fairly quick.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/more.../Photos&Videos

Old 10-18-2018, 03:36 PM
DK Custom - ST
Platinum Sponsor
Received 508 Likes on 289 Posts

Check out these Steatlh LED Driving-Passing Lights.

They can be mounted off the engine guard. These dudes are bright and provide great night time visibility.

Call: 662-252-8828
Text: 662-420-4891
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i339/DKCustom/Links/Sig1-8-14_zps9d8aff35.jpg

Quick Reply: Additional LED Lighting for my Cherry