Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil lines for 2004 FLSTC- looking for a kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 10:56 AM
mmschweizer
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Oil lines for 2004 FLSTC- looking for a kit

Good day all:

As the title says- I have a 2004 FLSTC. The oil lines work, but are getting surface rust, and I want to replace them. I’m having a difficult time finding a kit to fit my bike. I have found countless lines for other models. Is there some sort of moratorium on oil lines for my model?

I found a used set from a 2009 FLSTC. Can anyone confirm if that will fit my 2004? Any sources for new? Every time I search for my year model the search comes up empty. Even looking individually as opposed to a set, everything seems to fit up to 1999 and then nothing for my bike.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:06 AM
touchdown
Supporter

Received 1,660 Likes on 947 Posts

Most likely nothing wrong with your lines, If you cant fine after market lines try the HD store

Old 09-02-2019, 08:40 AM
mmschweizer
6th Gear

Originally Posted by touchdown
Most likely nothing wrong with your lines, If you cant fine after market lines try the HD store
Certainly they will be fine functionally- I just don’t want the rusty lines on my bike. I can live with it, but while it’s all apart, it’s a good time to replace them. I tried the HD official store and didn’t find them. I read somewhere that they stopped making them, which is odd to me. Surely someone makes them.

Can anyone verify if a 2009 oil line will fit a 2004? I can get a 2009 used but in perfect shape.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:46 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,421 Likes on 4,023 Posts

Originally Posted by mmschweizer
Certainly they will be fine functionally- I just don’t want the rusty lines on my bike. I can live with it, but while it’s all apart, it’s a good time to replace them. I tried the HD official store and didn’t find them. I read somewhere that they stopped making them, which is odd to me. Surely someone makes them.

Can anyone verify if a 2009 oil line will fit a 2004? I can get a 2009 used but in perfect shape.

Go to one of the online parts finders.... find the part & part# for your bike, then find the same part for the 2009 bike and see if it has the same part number....

As long as the part number is the same (except for maybe a different suffix like "B" or "C", etc) it should fit.....

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.....asp?make=hdmc

Old 09-02-2019, 02:33 PM
mmschweizer
6th Gear

Originally Posted by hattitude
Go to one of the online parts finders.... find the part & part# for your bike, then find the same part for the 2009 bike and see if it has the same part number....

As long as the part number is the same (except for maybe a different suffix like "B" or "C", etc) it should fit.....

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.....asp?make=hdmc
Thank you! This was very helpful. The numbers are the same except for the last two digits after the dash- mine is -00 and the 2009 is -07. I assume that was the year they changed the bike. The diagram looks exactly the same. I feel like taking a chance.

Old 09-02-2019, 11:21 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,421 Likes on 4,023 Posts

Originally Posted by mmschweizer
Thank you! This was very helpful. The numbers are the same except for the last two digits after the dash- mine is -00 and the 2009 is -07. I assume that was the year they changed the bike. The diagram looks exactly the same. I feel like taking a chance.

FWIW....

If the part number has a different letter after at the end, "A", "B", "C", etc.... the parts are interchangeable, and the letter usually means the part has been updated, or it may mean only that it now comes from a different vendor.

I have not run into a case where the same part number, has a different year number after the hash mark, like you are seeing "-00" and "-09". To be honest, I don't know what that means.....

Let us know if it fits....

Old 09-03-2019, 06:53 PM
mmschweizer
6th Gear

Originally Posted by hattitude
FWIW....

If the part number has a different letter after at the end, "A", "B", "C", etc.... the parts are interchangeable, and the letter usually means the part has been updated, or it may mean only that it now comes from a different vendor.

I have not run into a case where the same part number, has a different year number after the hash mark, like you are seeing "-00" and "-09". To be honest, I don't know what that means.....

Let us know if it fits....
Thank you- I found a used one on eBay from a 2006 that I know fits my bike. We will never know if a 2009 fits! :-(

Still never found a new set, except I found a new vent tube, which is the only new oil line I could find for my model.

The following users liked this post:
hattitude (09-03-2019)