Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NE1 put mid pegs on a Fatboy ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Mayfair
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NE1 put mid pegs on a Fatboy ??

I was riding home last weekend and I couldn't help but think how comfortable it would be to put pegs right below me like they are on a sporty or something. Has anyone ever done this? If so, got pics?

Old 07-25-2007, 01:47 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: NE1 put mid pegs on a Fatboy ??

LMAO, sorry but this is actually the first time I hear something like this. No, sorry I'm going in the other direction, I would like to eliminate the boards to put something like 5" extended forwards if there is such a thing (I'm 6'3").

Good luck,

Mimo.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
volkdeluxe
Road Captain

No, but I have rested my feet on the passenger pegs at times to give my back a break.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:57 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

rested your feets on the passenger foot pegs with apes... ok im going to laugh my f'n head off... how? LOL

pegs on a fatboy? eeek .....

forward controls can be done but without modifying the rake or the fat front fender on the 07 fatboy you wont get anything over 2" extended on..

I would love 5" extended...ok 4" im 6'2" and I have 1" extended forward controls on my 07 fatboy, while pretty f'n sweet... my legs have a wanting and desire for something fully stretched out....

Old 07-25-2007, 09:26 PM
mr.hammond
Road Captain

do what you want.its your bike.if you dont like them,take em off.i graduated from dirt bike ranks,and i know what your feelin.have pondered the same.

Old 07-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Mayfair
Tourer

LOL .... no love for the midways huh ??

I can't believe I'm the only one. I've used the passenger pegs, however I've laid my foot on top of the peg upside down so that my toes are facing the ground rather than face the sky. It works OK, but still not what I'm after.

I don't know if it's the apes, the boards, or what, but on long trips it feels awkward. Kinda like trying to sit on a bar stool with your feet out infrontof you rather than underneath you. I did just put stretchers on and it DOES feel better, so now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just dump the whole floorboard thing altogether and go to pegs since it feels more natural, but i don't feel like shelling out over 700 smacks and wind up in the same situation.

I think having pegs right below me ( ans still keeping the boards ) would feel just right on long trips. I'm thinking about getting another set of stretchers and mounting them to the rear of the boards to see how it feels.

Any other suggestions?

Old 11-03-2007, 11:01 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can google you directions to the nearest Suzuki or Yamaha dealer if you like... what is your zip code

Hey I actually saw an 07 fatboy at a HD dealer in Sydney with 2" extended forward controls on it and it definitely DOES NOT hit the front fender!! Just thought I would let y'all know if you're interested in doing it at some point... these didnot have an extension kit they were made that way.... so the 2" extension kit should be even less likely to hit the front fender seeing as they would mount a little further apart because of the spacing etc etc..

Anybody on here done this and have photos??

DeanO

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

LOL .... no love for the midways huh ??

I can't believe I'm the only one. I've used the passenger pegs, however I've laid my foot on top of the peg upside down so that my toes are facing the ground rather than face the sky. It works OK, but still not what I'm after.

I don't know if it's the apes, the boards, or what, but on long trips it feels awkward. Kinda like trying to sit on a bar stool with your feet out infrontof you rather than underneath you. I did just put stretchers on and it DOES feel better, so now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just dump the whole floorboard thing altogether and go to pegs since it feels more natural, but i don't feel like shelling out over 700 smacks and wind up in the same situation.

I think having pegs right below me ( ans still keeping the boards ) would feel just right on long trips. I'm thinking about getting another set of stretchers and mounting them to the rear of the boards to see how it feels.

Any other suggestions?

Old 11-03-2007, 11:03 AM
dmac1968
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Vertigo, long time no see...

Hey a quick question... in your opinion would that brake line that Accutronix supplied us reach another 2" if either of us were to put 2" extension kit on the forward controls or is it pretty much at it's limit?

DeanO

ORIGINAL: vertigo14

rested your feets on the passenger foot pegs with apes... ok im going to laugh my f'n head off... how? LOL

pegs on a fatboy? eeek .....

forward controls can be done but without modifying the rake or the fat front fender on the 07 fatboy you wont get anything over 2" extended on..

I would love 5" extended...ok 4" im 6'2" and I have 1" extended forward controls on my 07 fatboy, while pretty f'n sweet... my legs have a wanting and desire for something fully stretched out....

Old 11-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Candy Azz
Banned

Isn't having the stock boards kind of like having mid-controls anyway? I mean, it's not as far back, but it's definitely not like full on forward-controls either.

Old 11-03-2007, 05:33 PM
hdpearson13
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i always rest my left on the primary. i figure if you could fab someting for the cross bar on the frame for a peg for the right that would be nice. it comfy move foot position.

Quick Reply: NE1 put mid pegs on a Fatboy ??