Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Lo front fender and lowering kit, brass hardware

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2021, 01:54 PM
tdaddy
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fatboy Lo front fender and lowering kit, brass hardware

Hi everyone. I have looked on the threads but haven't seemed to find the exact answer. If there is one please let me know.

I have a 2010 Fatboy Lo.

I want to change the look. I am planning on lowering it. I think I will try the "Original lowering kit" I assume some have used it. I only have the standard motorcycle jack and a car floor jack. Has anyone accomplished with just this?

I want to change the front fender to one that resembles the Deluxe, Heritage, Street glide. I think I read the heritage and deluxe would bolt straight on a fatboy lo. Am I right? I would prefer to find a used Street Glide matte black one with the pin stripes. Is there a kit to bolt street glide fender to Fatboy OR only kit to bolt fatboy front fender to a street glide?

I am also looking to change all bolts out to brass. Any suggests on complete brass bolt kit and where?

Thank you for the responses.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:53 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,906 Likes on 2,159 Posts

I’ve never done what your trying to do. If no one chimes in go to the dealer and bring a tape measure easy enough. Google custom motorcycle fenders. Tons of results.

Old 07-30-2021, 12:02 PM
LenBoyLo
Tourer
Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

I have a 2010 FatBoyLo with an after market FL type fender on it. Looks good. Not certain that a regular Harley FL type fender will clear the FatBoy front tire. Because those stand off mounts actually go inward and you might have clearance problems. Go in my profile and have a look at the fender pic. If you can find a fender where the mount loops are the same as the outer dimension of a stock FatBoy fender, I think you'll be OK. But as mentioned a trip to the dealer with a measurement device will tell the tale.

Old 07-30-2021, 06:49 PM
Tampa Fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,431 Likes on 4,751 Posts

Brass fittings and fasteners, really? What is it brownn?
Lowering it correctly should be your priority.
Have you thought about about after market fenders? PIA trying to take a fender from another model and make it fit.
Machine shop dday, it's what we did our free time. Build your own frame, come back tell me how that went...*chuckles

Dont take it personal, just ccuttin up this eve