Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Since the drop, want to strip the crap off!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:40 PM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Since the drop, want to strip the crap off!

Its been about a week now since I went down on my bike. So far, the front fender is off, Smoked lens kit is installed and now Im thinking about taking off all the chrome crap on my triple tree. Most looks like it will come off easy, but the "beercans" on the forks look like they will be trouble. Unless someone can tell me an easy way to get em off, Mr. DieGrinder is gonna make some new friends!

Also, anyone know where I can find a primed bobtail for an 07 Softail? Looking for a USA made part, but price will count. If anyone has one for 07 and up that they have replaced with a custom fender how much do you want? Looking for the tail light and harness if applicable to be included.

thanks!

Old 03-26-2008, 01:22 AM
ebeattie
Road Warrior
Received 74 Likes on 28 Posts
Default RE: Since the drop, want to strip the crap off!

Im goign to assume that no 07 Fatboy owner has yet removed the fork trim "cylinders" yet have they? Guess that would makes sense.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:51 AM
imboden
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

I'm told that my 51' pan has the same fork tin setup as your new fatboy. if that's the case your gonna have to pull the headlight, remove the tins on the back and front, take off the front wheel,fender, and unscrew the beer cans, and they drop off the bottom part of the fork leg. don't know if you'll have any trouble sliding em over the reflectors or not, but those are easy to take off anyways.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:22 AM
GrampsWyatt
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 07 softail manual. It is as described by imboden. The "Fork Slider Covers" or beer cans are held to bottom fork clamp by 2 screws. Take out those screws and they should fall/slide off fork legs except maybe when you get down to brackets that front fender mounts too.