Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

those dang deer !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 10:16 AM
ozzy07840
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default those dang deer !!!!

I was out riding the other day in nj all of a sudden this deer comes out of nowhere on my left ,i slam on the brakes getting ready for impact i quess i closed my eyes for a second thinking i was going to hit it ... when i opened my eyes a second later the deer was gone !!! i pulled over the side of the road to smoke a cigarette and the car behind me pulls in front of me ,the women said that she never saw anything&nbsp\\; like that before and that the deer jumped over me !!! Ive seen the video of this happening on utube but never thought it would happen to me !!! i was very lucky ,so guys just keep an eye open for deer ,has anyone ever used those deer alerts do they work ????

Old 06-25-2008, 10:27 AM
the salt
Advanced
Default RE: those dang deer !!!!

You are one lucky SOB!
&nbsp\\;
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_9453868?IADID=Search-www.sltrib.com-www.sltrib.com
Man dies when his motorcycle hits deer in SLC
By Ana Breton
The Salt Lake Tribune[/align]
Article Last Updated:&nbsp\\;06/02/2008 11:24:16 AM MDT[/align]
&nbsp\\;
[/align]

var requestedWidth = 0\\;

[/align]
if(requestedWidth > 0){
document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').styl e.width = requestedWidth + "px"\\;
document.getElementById('articleViewerGroup').styl e.margin = "0px 0px 10px 10px"\\;
}

Updated: 11:23 AM- Kenneth Duckworth, 37, died after the motorcycle he was riding struck and killed a deer in Salt Lake City on Monday morning.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; Duckworth was traveling northbound on 1300 East when a deer darted across the street near 1422 South. He was ejected from the motorcycle and died from his injuries around 5:13 a.m. Duckworth was driving under the speed limit and was wearing a helmet and protective gear, said Salt Lake City Police Department Lt. Gary Young.
&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; "He apparently didn't have time to react," Young said. "It's a very tragic, freak accident." [/align]

Old 06-25-2008, 10:29 AM
RideFree692
Intermediate

A friend with one on a car said his impression was that&nbsp\\;the whistling version acts like a headlight to themthey stop to see what it is, usually in front of you.&nbsp\\; Glad you escaped safe, I have had near misses on bikes and hit several with cars. Look for glowing eyes in your peripheral vision at night which you will see before they are otherwise visiblethey seem to graze near the rode and then startle and run, accross the road of course!

Old 06-25-2008, 10:37 AM
twiceretired
Tourer

My son and I did a 1000+ mile ride last weekend through the Ca. redwoods. Had a deer jump out from the right. Never been that close without hitting ANYTHING. She looked at me, dropped about 2' and launched over the bank. Had to stop, I was laughing so hard. Also came across a black bear running down the road, chased one buck down another road, four bull Elk laying on the roadside, and one raccoon who, honest to alha, stood up in the middle of the road and tried to take us on! Hysterical. Could have made $$$ if I had a video.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:38 AM
wtf6316
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have pooped my pants. I almost hit one in my truck and it scared me. The one time&nbsp\\;I was almost got hit by a car I closed my eyes and braced for impact and my life did flash before my eyes. I mised the car by inches and rubed the curb. Rear tire had yellew paint all over the side. I dont care if you believe but sometimes someone else is riding with you. And he dosnt care if the seat is comfy.

Old 06-25-2008, 10:39 AM
2002fatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Man, glad he jumped!&nbsp\\; That's too scary!

Old 06-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Asylumcycle
Cruiser

Been close a few times on bike. hit 5 at one time in my car doing 105 MPH, now that scare the crap out of me. shredde 3 of them killed the other 2

Old 06-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Bossman1
Outstanding HDF Member

UR angel was on duty. Hope thats the worst that happens. Glad ur ok..

Old 06-25-2008, 06:53 PM
06fxd
Intermediate

last summer a buddy (who just bought a tricked out fatboy 6 hours before this)&nbsp\\;and i were headed down a highway side by side as to use both headlights, and one came out of my side of the ditch. I jacked on the brakes just fast enough to watch him smoke it and go down. after i turned the bike around to start warning cars with my headlight (no blinkers), a car about hit both of us, with him laying on the road, traveling a high rate of speed. After i got 911 called another guy in a truck stopped to aid with directing traffic around us while we waited for a cop since the closest one to us was busy giving that guy in the car that about hit us an OWI. He got lucky that his apes saved him from full contact with the deer and his leather coat from the road&nbsp\\;but he&nbsp\\;still fractured his skull and got pretty banged up. It was a scary thing to deal with and i've tried to avoid riding at night since then. I guess these storys tell that you can get really lucky and also that your luck can run out in a very short amount of time.

Old 06-25-2008, 07:50 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Be careful which way you mount those deer whistles. Put it on backwards and it will attract them to your bike.

Quick Reply: those dang deer !!!!