Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 11:37 AM
MidnightFLHX11
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion

Hey everyone,

I was looking at getting the brake light and turn signal conversion kit for my fxstc where when i brake, my turn signals are red as well as my brake light so more people can notice. question is the ones in the harley catalog are all brake light / running light / turn signal. I dont really want the running light. my dad has just the brake light and turn signal on his bagger but he didn't put it on and doesnt know if its hd or other. does anyone know if there are any aftermarket kits so i can do the brake light and not the running light? i dont want the light to stay on all the time, just come on when i brake.

thanks in advance!

Old 08-30-2008, 12:21 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HD use to make the one like your Dad's but it is obsolete now. They only sell the one you've seen now. There is one like your Dad's made by Biketronics. Called Tailstopper turn/stop BT400. Got mine from chopperscycle.com. Here's a link:

http://www.biketronics.com/controls.html#bt400

Old 08-30-2008, 12:23 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

Oh, and I forgot.......... If you currently have amber lights in the rear, you'll have to swap out for red. Harley should have those.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:43 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

I've heard that Kuryakyn makes one.

Old 08-30-2008, 02:21 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 492 Likes on 343 Posts

I've had the Kuryakin (3 yrs aprox). Works like a champ.

Old 08-30-2008, 05:44 PM
BigMike17
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I found the Kuryakyn Panacea LED tail ligh and turn signals as a full, new set on ebay for 139.00 and it works like what you're thinking of getting. Absolutely one of the best modes I've done and very easy - mostly plug and play.

Old 08-30-2008, 09:38 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

kuryakyn is all run turn brake
your best bet is to get the old Harley part number and search ebay, believe it or not most people sell the old turn, brake one on ebay and buy the new run turn brake one. I have the kuryakyn one (run brake turn only) and it too has go through revisions. it use to be a small unit now it went from 2 inches long to 6 inches long. it is really hard to hide that new on on a night train

Old 08-31-2008, 06:46 PM
CrawdadAZ
Road Master

I searched all over for the old Harley one.... no luck. That's why I went with the Tailstopper turn/stop BT400. It is turn/stop only. But it's not a kit. It's module only. So any thing else you need (lenses or bulbs) Harley would have.

Old 08-31-2008, 07:50 PM
07FXSTC
Tourer

Originally Posted by CopperFXSTC08
Hey everyone,

I was looking at getting the brake light and turn signal conversion kit for my fxstc where when i brake, my turn signals are red as well as my brake light so more people can notice. question is the ones in the harley catalog are all brake light / running light / turn signal. I dont really want the running light. my dad has just the brake light and turn signal on his bagger but he didn't put it on and doesnt know if its hd or other. does anyone know if there are any aftermarket kits so i can do the brake light and not the running light? i dont want the light to stay on all the time, just come on when i brake.

thanks in advance!
Just a question...if you want to be noticed, then what's the drawback to having the running lights? They get brighter when you stop just like the taillight. For added visiobility I also have the module (aftermarket) the make the brake and turns blink several times before staying on when brake is applied.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:54 PM
CrimsonThunder
Road Captain

I agree with not wanting the running lights. Why would I want lights taking away from my beautiful paintjob the whole time I'm riding? How many times has a biker been rear-ended while moving??

Quick Reply: Brake Light / Turn Signal Conversion