Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield for cross bones

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:55 AM
RAILROAD SAM
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield

I went ahead and got a windshield and the crossbone saddle bags.
You know when i look at my bike i don't even notice the windshield now unless it is real dirty. I want to enjoy my ride. Its great to duck behind in a rainstorm also. After i bought the windshield at the dealer i 've now noticed hd has come out with a black windshield. I'm waiting for hd to put out the nostalgic engine guards in black. Thanks for all the feedback.

Old 01-28-2010, 06:31 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess I'll have to eat my words, because I bought a windshield for myself for Christmas. I haven't tried it yet, but it's a quick detach. The reason was, I took a long trip about 2 weeks after stating what I did and it was cold and it rained like crazy. It sucked big time. So I weenie out a bought one. Damn I hate eating my words.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:36 AM
ricras384
4th Gear
Default The fine line

In my line of work we always like to say, "There's a fine line between being hard and being stupid." No since in suffering to look cool. The windshield is worth having for longer rides. You can always pull it off when you're just knocking around town. No shame in eating your words my friend.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:37 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ricras384
In my line of work we always like to say, "There's a fine line between being hard and being stupid." No since in suffering to look cool. The windshield is worth having for longer rides. You can always pull it off when you're just knocking around town. No shame in eating your words my friend.
Thanks, I needed that.
Coyote

Old 02-12-2010, 12:17 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by RAILROAD SAM
Anybody got any suggestions on which one to get. Caught a bird in my mouth going 50+ the other day. I would stick with hd brand.
Noticed they were sold short and tall and smoked and clear.

I'm listening
railroad sam
Dont waste your $ on a HD shields. There are plenty of aftermarket companies that produce the same or better with more choices and IMO better quick release mounts than the MOCO at much less $

I like the Memphis Shades products but have also used Rifle and National Cycle.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:28 AM
mvan52
2nd Gear

It seems like the ongoing dilema we all face sometimes.To do or not to do. One solution is a wind vest. They don't make-em for the Bones, but with a little red-neck modification one that fits the fatboy can be made to fit.

Attached Thumbnails Windshield for cross bones-004.jpg   Windshield for cross bones-002.jpg   Windshield for cross bones-001.jpg   Windshield for cross bones-005.jpg  
Old 03-05-2010, 12:32 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default I have the short tinted one...

Originally Posted by HDChloe
I am changing my mind about a windshield. I was riding home from work today and ran into a swarm of wasps. Holy crap! One hit me in the dang face. It stung me (I have no idea how at 60mph) no less and now my face is swollen and hurts like crazy.

A windshield would have prevented that. Of course, so would driving a car.

I can relate to this. I got hit in the neck by a wasp at 70+mph! I imagine that is what getting shot with a tranquilizer might feel like!

Like a lot of people, I started out torn between looks and comfort. I am the sort that eventually chooses function over style. I ride my Bones way too much and it is the only bike I own so I needed it to be equipped for ANY situation. I eBay'd mine brand new for just over $200. Then I took it apart and had the hardware powder coated gloss black ($40). I got the new version of the mounting hardware that comes in black. Overall it doesn't look too bad and since it is detachable, I can pop it off for cruising around town. I thought about trying some other by other manufacturers but the fitment information for the Bones was very vague and I hated to buy something that wouldn't work in the end.

The downside is that it is a bit short for me and it can rattle my head at times. I wish I would have gotten a taller one cus I think those four extra inches would do the trick. I ride the 1925 sprung solo saddle so I do sit around an inch under stock but it is not quite enough.

Old 03-05-2010, 12:39 PM
GymRat523
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe it's just me but I think the windshield looks fine on the Bones, I never take mine off.

Old 03-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Actually...

Originally Posted by GymRat523
Maybe it's just me but I think the windshield looks fine on the Bones, I never take mine off.

...It is really starting to grow on me. My Bones looks a bit like a bagger. I added a passing lamp bar with horn from a Heritage Springer (pc'd in gloss black) and then the shield which makes it look "heavy" in the front but then it tapers down towards the back to a solo saddle, bare fender and saddle bags.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:07 PM
HDUK
Tourer

Don't know if you want Harley parts or not I added this screen on my bones its made in Germany its been on the bike for 18 months now and its been great on long runs big enough to keep the wind off your chest and helmet at 80mph there may be dealers in the USA

http://www.mrashop.de/mrashop/mra/eb...form=(181,20,0)

Attached Thumbnails Windshield for cross bones-packed.jpg  

Quick Reply: Windshield for cross bones