Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Love the XBones Seat, Kinda Sorta.

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 09:39 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts
Default Love the XBones Seat, Kinda Sorta.

Put a Crossbones seat on my Springer Classic to get me up higher and back a few inches so my knees wouldn't be above my chest.

Took it out on an 800 mile ride around the state the other day (and a half) and am very pleased with the fact that my knees and hips don't hurt after 50 miles like they did before, In fact they didn't bother me at all. Only problem is now my *** falls asleep after about 30 miles.

My question is does anyone have either of the other two Solo Spring Seats that Harley sells in the 09 P and A Catalog? If so how do you like them as far a Butt Comfort?.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:14 AM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the info. I can now cross off the CrossBones seat from my list of things to try...

I imagine without a backrest it would not be a good long distance seat either...but it does look cool...

Mike
NY

Old 11-24-2008, 10:24 AM
OldSkoolBones
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default seat...

I put the standard solo on mine, and I love it! I haven't had any problems with my a$$ falling asleep. I also find that this seat lowers you down just enough to provide some support from the back lip of the seat.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:44 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by OldSkoolBones
I put the standard solo on mine, and I love it! I haven't had any problems with my a$$ falling asleep. I also find that this seat lowers you down just enough to provide some support from the back lip of the seat.

Thanks. That was going to be my next one to try. It looks a little wider and more.....for lack a better phrase..."Form Fitting".

Maybe I'll use the Stock XBones one to make a garage stool out of.

Old 11-24-2008, 06:10 PM
HaloFan
Advanced

IronAss,
Like Old Skool, I went w/ the old style seat from HD. much more comfortable. I had the same numbness issues w/ the stock bones seat. Just went on a 4 hr ride yesterday and never got uncomforable. And it is definitely more form fitting. I found myself sliding off the back of the stock seat when I lowered the rear suspension and went w/ the 2in seat spring. This seat holds u in a lot more but does ride about an inch lower due to the contour of the seat. I would say the stock seat is cushier but I prefer the the firmness of this seat. Last note, I found a dealer that carried it in stock rather than special order it. Luckily it was only 40 miles away....I wanted to see and feel it and compare it to stock before I threw my money down. Good Luck.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:28 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by HaloFan
IronAss,
Like Old Skool, I went w/ the old style seat from HD. much more comfortable. I had the same numbness issues w/ the stock bones seat. Just went on a 4 hr ride yesterday and never got uncomforable. And it is definitely more form fitting. I found myself sliding off the back of the stock seat when I lowered the rear suspension and went w/ the 2in seat spring. This seat holds u in a lot more but does ride about an inch lower due to the contour of the seat. I would say the stock seat is cushier but I prefer the the firmness of this seat. Last note, I found a dealer that carried it in stock rather than special order it. Luckily it was only 40 miles away....I wanted to see and feel it and compare it to stock before I threw my money down. Good Luck.
Thanks. I appreciate the info. I'm going to get one and see how it goes.

Old 11-25-2008, 12:48 PM
airbusflyer
Novice
Default Corbin Seat instead

Chekc out the Corbin website. They have a seat specifically for the Cross Bones and with a back rest. I have seen it live and it looks and feels great. Maybe that would be one of the options. Hope you have fun numb free riding