Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, the scoot is gone :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 01:55 PM
jneubig
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Well, the scoot is gone :(

Well, my 04 Fatboy (the one in my sig pic) was sold yesterday. I had a guy ask me last weekend if it was for sale and I gave my usual "everything's for sale" answer. He asked what it would take to buy it, so I shot a ridiculous number at him (6K over book) and he didn't blink. Paid me in hundreds yesterday. I honestly don't know whether to be happy or sad. It was tough to see her go, but you know the old saying about when two fools meet. Looks like I'm on the hunt again. Not sure which wasy I'm going to go. I love the looks of the Rockers, but am still partial to Fatboys. I've never really been on anything other than Fatboys and my old Heritage. Any advice about the riding position and comfort of the Rocker would be greatly appreciated. Most of my riding is country roads and some city for 2-3 hour stints.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:58 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jneubig
Well, my 04 Fatboy (the one in my sig pic) was sold yesterday. I had a guy ask me last weekend if it was for sale and I gave my usual "everything's for sale" answer. He asked what it would take to buy it, so I shot a ridiculous number at him (6K over book) and he didn't blink. Paid me in hundreds yesterday. I honestly don't know whether to be happy or sad. It was tough to see her go, but you know the old saying about when two fools meet. Looks like I'm on the hunt again. Not sure which wasy I'm going to go. I love the looks of the Rockers, but am still partial to Fatboys. I've never really been on anything other than Fatboys and my old Heritage. Any advice about the riding position and comfort of the Rocker would be greatly appreciated. Most of my riding is country roads and some city for 2-3 hour stints.
Got to wonder why he would pay you 6 k over book in hundreds..
But good luck finding a new bike. Sure is fun when you get to think about what else you could have.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:06 PM
jneubig
Road Captain

Hi Liz, I guess I should have worded that a little better, huh. He actually wanted to pay me with a check (no chance), so we went to his bank and he cashed it then gave me the bucks. From the little I found out about him, he has made tons of money in the oilfield and what he wants, he buys.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:17 PM
CB5150
Road Master

Received 134 Likes on 64 Posts

Congrats on the sale! Now you get to look forward to buying/customizing another one. By the way, I have an 04 FLSTFI that I'll let go for $3K over book and we'll both walk away winners! HA!

Old 03-18-2010, 02:20 PM
tc1816
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the sale. I would go to the dealership and test ride some. I have a Rocker and i love it. Never had a Fat Boy so i cant compare but i had a Sportster before the Rocker and they are totally different.

Old 03-18-2010, 02:42 PM
lizdc
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jneubig
Hi Liz, I guess I should have worded that a little better, huh. He actually wanted to pay me with a check (no chance), so we went to his bank and he cashed it then gave me the bucks. From the little I found out about him, he has made tons of money in the oilfield and what he wants, he buys.
If you got cash and were with him in the bank then no need to worry. Can't believe he wanted to write you a check. That is funny.. yah a check from a stranger for way over value for my prized possession what could go wrong Smart man that you got cash.
But have fun finding a new one.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:10 PM
mike06train
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats done is done. No use in second guessing the sale. Look at it this way. You have the money in hand to buy a bike at a time when you can get a great deal. The used market is at an all time low and dealers are making some great deals to keep sales going.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:59 PM
jneubig
Road Captain

Thanks for the comments everyone. Mike06, your right, there are some serious deals out there right now. I haven't really been keeping up with the used market around here. I found three I'm going look at Saturday. Looks like I can pick up an 08-09 bike and still have quite a bit of duckies left over. I guess I need to buy momma some new sparklies this weekend too so she won't get too upset with the daily visits from UPS.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:14 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

fun times gettin a new scoot though!!

Old 03-18-2010, 11:20 PM
Slopneck
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get one while you've got the cash!! Otherwise, if you're like me, it'll get spent and then if you want a scoot you'll be startin' from scratch.

Quick Reply: Well, the scoot is gone :(