Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mammoth fat spoke wheels any problems?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Tawadi
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mammoth fat spoke wheels any problems?

anyone have good or bad experience with mammoth fat spoke wheels and a company called "OUTLAW CYCLES"? SAW THEM ON EBAY......

Old 04-18-2010, 10:08 PM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not had probs with the mammoths, but a lot of others have. Do not buy anything from outlaw cycles though! Terrible company.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:22 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

There has been a lot of bad press for both. We no longer sell the DNA' wheels due to the fact that DNA sucks. End of story. They are impossible to deal with an quality is very inconsistent. I now understand why Outlaw deals with people the way they do. That being said I have DNA mammoths on my ride and I now run tubes in both of them as I read about someone's going flat. My wheels are great, but I only recommend Ride Wright to customers. They cost a little more but are worth it. If you want pricing let me know. It's too bad about DNA as I was selling two wheels, rotors and matching pulley for about $1200.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:29 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, I have DNAs and have had no issues. One arrived damaged and they swapped it out, but if Dr. V isn't dealing with them then I would go with the Ride Wrights. There are plenty of negative reviews about DNA and Outlaw for me to stay away in the future. I'm just glad mine turned out good. I love the look.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:15 PM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Haven't heard all that bad about DNA's, but Outlaw and Demon Cycle are another story altogether.
Avoid them like the plague.

Old 04-19-2010, 05:22 AM
Tawadi
Intermediate

Thanks everyone.....thats why I love this forum.......helping each other is part of what its all about and I REALLY appreciate all the feedback. many many thanks

Old 04-19-2010, 06:43 AM
jefnightrain
Tourer

I love the look of the DNA's, problem is mine won't hold air overnight. Having trouble getting customer service to answer phone. They are supposed to be sealed, but mine leak out thru the spoke nipples.
Anybody drilled out the valve hole to a size to accept a tube on a 21"x2.15 rim with success? My mechanic says it will put the hole into the spoke indents on the rim.
These people either need to get it fixed or stop shipping these things. Somebody soon will crash & be badly injured from tire failure from their lack of quality control

Old 01-10-2013, 07:54 PM
arundelglass3
1st Gear
Default Mammoth 52 spoke wheels

Anyone have a decent way to clean these wheels , especially the outer hub down inbetween the spokes ?
Tanks

Old 01-10-2013, 07:58 PM
arundelglass3
1st Gear
Default Mammoth 52 spoke wheels

anyone out there? looking for a good way to clean the Mammoth 52 spoke rims , especially down inbetween the spoke at the inner hub
Hep me please

Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 PM
rockinred
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use to own some fat spoke ride wrights. Best thing I can tell you is elbow grease and a rag and a cold one to help with the time. Spray it with wheel cleaner when washing adn then pull it in and detail on a stand so you can turn the wheel. Don't know of an easier way. There are some cool attachments on drills, but I never tried em.

Quick Reply: Mammoth fat spoke wheels any problems?