Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brukus you guys are great!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 09:41 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Brukus you guys are great!!!!

I have a ridiculous amount of money invested in my seat and I could not find anyone that made or produced a way to lock my fatboy seat to my sled.

I came across a thread talking about your seat secure screw for a 2 up seat or a bib, but nothing that secured my solo seat. I e-mailed you my concern and asked if you could help.

Not only did you work with me on getting me what I needed to secure my seat, you sold me a prototype that had not yet gone into production. Wow! Nobody does that kind of service anymore.

I was extremely happy with your customer service and I was even more impressed that you guys went out of your way to make this happen for me. So Thanks Brukus for taking care of a customer like you did!

I have since bought the seat secure screw and the saddlebag secure. Here are a couple of pictures.

Brukus.com

Old 04-12-2011, 09:42 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it you put "it" out there on the other thread. LOL

Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TNB
I thought it you put "it" out there on the other thread. LOL
lol, let me know when you find one ok bro?

Old 04-12-2011, 11:02 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
lol, let me know when you find one ok bro?
I'll probably just end up getting a Brukus model until someone else comes up with something I like better. After all, some deterent is better than no deterent. Perhaps, just make a small leather "cover" for the Brukus model to match the seat in the meantime.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:03 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Brukus is great! They are a class act.

Drew

Old 04-13-2011, 12:08 AM
NoRegerts
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,887 Likes on 4,674 Posts

Those are better pics of that seat than I have seen. It looks really mean! Who did it? Btw awesome idea on seat security. I have never considered the idea. I'm learning so much!

Old 04-13-2011, 08:52 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by RIPbiker13
Those are better pics of that seat than I have seen. It looks really mean! Who did it? Btw awesome idea on seat security. I have never considered the idea. I'm learning so much!
The seat, fender bib and dash bib were made by Robert Martin w/ alligatorbobs out of Ill. Now you can see why I posted this thanking Brukus for coming up with a seat security nuts for my seat. Good luck RIP and remember, if everyone thinks your idea is crazy, that means everyone else will love it.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay i'm going to admit my stupidity on a topic.. sure i can relentlessly rip my bike apart and put it back together.. but how does the seat locks work? I mean, what's stopping me from grabbing a pair of channel locks and twisting the things off?

I'm not making fun or being sarcastic, because I know what that seat means to you Jim, but I honestly don't know how they work..

Old 04-13-2011, 08:59 AM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Going to have to get a set for mine. Right now using the ugly bolt that held my luggage rack on and the bolt that came with the C&C seat.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:25 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
Okay i'm going to admit my stupidity on a topic.. sure i can relentlessly rip my bike apart and put it back together.. but how does the seat locks work? I mean, what's stopping me from grabbing a pair of channel locks and twisting the things off?

I'm not making fun or being sarcastic, because I know what that seat means to you Jim, but I honestly don't know how they work..
Actually that's a good question and I am not suprised that it came from the mcgiver of the Lo family lol. (respect)
If you were to grab it with pliers it will twist on the post. The cone sits down over a nut and the nut has a shaft that runs up the middle that the screw on top screws into. The scew requires a special tool.

Now we all know if you have the time and the tools you could probably get these off, but it would deture someone looking to steal my seat, whereas it would have taken less than 30 seconds to get it off before this seat secure.

Jim, please don't figure out how to dismantle this Item lmao!
later bro.

Quick Reply: Brukus you guys are great!!!!