Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Vicla Build Is ON!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 09:16 AM
teflon
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dean just had mine apart for new bars (wire extensions), that wire is an extra. Not sure what it is for but mine was laying in there just as yours is. Teflon

Old 01-29-2012, 09:29 AM
jessultra
Road Master
Received 135 Likes on 86 Posts

looking good , congrats on doing the work yourself. what kind of sockets are you using on the chrome nuts ?

Old 01-29-2012, 10:01 AM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Got me wanting to dump more money into the sled!!!

Old 01-29-2012, 10:37 AM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010Deluxeguy
did you forget to order a new set of fork reflectors?

Dude that's !

Old 01-29-2012, 10:45 AM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by STLFLSTF_Mike
Dude that's !
I know, right?

Old 01-29-2012, 11:06 AM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chap!
Just fitted mine yesterday, your right, makes a huge difference for not to much buck compared to other mods! And totally agree with the excellent service from Softbrake!
The only issue that stopped me doing this before, is that in the UK, the legal plate size is 9"x7", so each MOT time have to swop it out (plate that is) for a massive one!
That would suck! How often do you have the inspections? Do you have a aftermarket plate you run otherwise?

Originally Posted by Benway
NC, you're really making a bunch of guys out here wish they had your $$! Coming together nicely!
Benway - thanks! No need to leave it behind for others to fight over. LOL

Originally Posted by Josewales
Looking groovy man....cruiser ftw.
FTW bro! Thanks!

for me its not the money, its the skillz and tools. I wish I lived next door to Dean lol
NC has nicer winters than Colorado, especially this year, have the beaches to the east and the mountains to the west. lol

Originally Posted by Malingerer
She is coming along nicely and quick. Keep up the great work. *******'s Garage
Malingerer thanks bro! Can't wait to get her rollin! And thanks for being one who inspired me with your sic sled! Seeing chit like yours I just couldn't help but to push the pile to the middle of the table and go all in!

Originally Posted by teflon
Dean just had mine apart for new bars (wire extensions), that wire is an extra. Not sure what it is for but mine was laying in there just as yours is. Teflon
teflon - bro thanks for confirming this!!! That plug had me thinking I lost my mind for a while. lol I mean there are only so many plugs on the harness and they can only connect to one or the other. I searched and searched until I finally just put the tank on and all the lighting worked so I was just going to roll with it, so again, thanks for confirming this, my mind can be at ease now!

Originally Posted by JESSDELUXE
looking good , congrats on doing the work yourself. what kind of sockets are you using on the chrome nuts ?
Jesse - thanks! I'm just using standard sockets. The chrome finish is pretty hard. I have put painters tape on a couple like the fork top bolts to keep from scaring them up with the adjustable wrench.

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
Got me wanting to dump more money into the sled!!!
This is exactly what corrupted my mind and blew my wallet up, this damn forum and all the sic sleds like yours!!!! LMAO

Originally Posted by STLFLSTF_Mike
Dude that's !
Mike - I ordered different colored ones - Chrome!

I know, right?
You sooo funny GI! LOL Hurry up and get to wrenching on that bike!

Last edited by NC D'LUXE; 01-29-2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:26 AM
chap!
Road Master

That would suck! How often do you have the inspections? Do you have a aftermarket plate you run otherwise?
The inspection is once a year after the bike is 3 years old! Yes I run a much smaller one (US Size) & a different colour, normally but will have to swop it out each time & also hope I don't get pulled?

Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chap!
The inspection is once a year after the bike is 3 years old! Yes I run a much smaller one (US Size) & a different colour, normally but will have to swop it out each time & also hope I don't get pulled?
Getting pulled would be a challenge to avoid I'm sure, being that it would stand out with the small plate. lol

Old 01-30-2012, 06:00 AM
chap!
Road Master
Talking

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Getting pulled would be a challenge to avoid I'm sure, being that it would stand out with the small plate. lol
I did ok last couple of years with a smaller one above the rear light but yes for some reason below it blends in more & looks smaller? We'll see, over here though, they do tend to focus their attentions more towards the sports bikes?

Old 01-30-2012, 08:20 AM
fmnspooch
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow. I finally made it through this whole thread. I must admit NC, your more messed up than me, lol. Whereas as I did one mod at a time, your knocking out like 15!!! You must be retired buddy. Bike is gonna look awesome when its all back together, I can't wait to see it. Keep up the good work bro and do me one small favor, seeing that everyone likes to spend my money, Im gonna spend a little of yours. CHANGE THAT HORN! lol.

Quick Reply: Deluxe Vicla Build Is ON!