Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deluxe Vicla Build Is ON!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 08:27 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan_SOS
Touché. Mine should be geting ALOT of powdercoating when I get back too.

Funny you say that, I am out here supporting the 101st. Glad to hear you are keeping with the scheme; and yes, I saw one of the fenders firman did and it looked pretty sick. Is he doing one specifically for you?
No, I haven't contacted him yet. I just noticed the one he had listed and wished I could pull the trigger. I've got an extra fender so I going to see about doing something with it. Nothing wrong with powder brother, just give you a hard time.

Originally Posted by kozy22
Looking better everyday.

You got my brain spinning on things I should buy
LOL my heads been spinning since I've been on this site! Finally, my head is starting to clear, now if I could only go to bed again at decent time! LOL

Originally Posted by fmnspooch
Not bad job for a RUB! LOL. JK. Looks awesome pal. I have to say, you've done a hell of a job man. You should name that bike "Optimus Prime" cause it certainly is a Transformer!!!

Can't wait to see her with a little sunshine in the background. Well done.
pooch, appreciate it brutha!! I know man, got her out this evening but it was getting dark...more on that in a few.

Originally Posted by Josewales
I can get a tan from this thread.

Awesome job man.
LOL Jose, thanks man!

Originally Posted by Malingerer
Damn brotha looks like there is a new sheriff in town.Bike looks the "DOGS" as Chap would say( haha love that saying). Bro you have made the quickest transformation in HD Forums history I think. Although Pooch is not far behind. Congrats Dean
LMAO I know, I've almost starting using the Dogs phrase. Thanks man, but there's still a lot of big boots around here. It's been crazy good for sure!

Originally Posted by fmnspooch
Since you and i are pretty much doing a complete makeover of our bikes, I thought I would share my latest mod with you. I ordered up the Kuryakyn IRIDIUM coated bulbs for the turn signals. Dude, they are a little pricey for bulbs. $21 a pop. BUT HOLY $HIT are they sick. I have the smoke lenses on my front turn signals and you can see the bulb very clearly, well, guess what buddy. Iridium coated translates to CHROME!!!! with the bike off, the bulbs look chrome, ha ha..turn them on and bingo baby. Bright RED. They look sick dude. Just given you something else to chew on bro. DEF. cool... I took some pix. but they suck, you can't see them very well with the lights on or off. but, im sure by now, you can trust me when I say they are worth it.
LOL appreciate the heads up on the bulbs, I'll definitely check those out! See, it never ends!! And if anyone is going to find chrome, I know you'd be the MAN!!

I'll be back in a few with some information of today and some more pics. WOW, I was almost speechless, and that saying a lot for me! LOL

Old 02-28-2012, 09:43 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Alright, well I don't even really know where to start, today was a big day! My chrome exhaust brackets from Samson arrived today so I was able to finish the install of the exhaust to fire her up for the first time in nearly two months. For anyone ordering Samson exhaust just a heads up, you can get chrome brackets for only $20 each (x2). Just thought I'd throw that out there again in case someone doesn't read back through all the post.

Anyway, after gassing her up again I took her for a quick spin around the hood to see how she rolled before taking her out for more gas and quick ride and things were rolling smooth with no snaps or unexpected noises so she must have went back together ok. lol I did find I had to bleed the rear brakes again and noticed the gas gauge isn't working and just indicates on the speedo low fuel, and no lights on the gas gauge indicator.

After getting that squared away and I knew nothing was going to fall off, it was time for a ride! All I can say if FFfiiickkkk FFFllllccckkk muth............what a ride!! She rolls so smooth on the 21 and 18! Slammed, bars dropped, huge floorboards, Bare Bones this biotch is ready to cruise!

First the bars, for those of you with the Burly 38.5" Beach Bars, as Motown said, you've got to roll the controls and drop your bars lower!! It's like hitting the sweet spot! The mirrors line up so much better (which my new ones will be in tomorrow J&P sent them to the wrong freaking zip) and the comfort level like I said, is like hitting the sweet spot. If you don't like it, you can always lift them back up, but you have to try it, trust me! I think the design of the bar was intended for the pull back section to be parallel or just below because they really fit and feel great in that position. Try it!

Then the exhaust, the exhaust sounds incredible! I'm really glad I went with the 39", they not only look incredibly sexy, they also freaking sound amazing! My son said he could hear me a mile away! LOL They aren't loud though on the bike, kind of strange to explain, but I guess with the exhaust note so far behind you, it's not that crazy loud right there on you. They sound amazing when you roll off the throttle! Apparently my Doebeck Performance TFI Controller was set up just right because she doesn't appear to be running lean at all and she's smooth! As far as performance differences, I did notice some maybe at the top, but I need to get a few miles on her to be able to give much opinion. The one thing I'm going to have to get used to is the exhaust running right there under your left thigh...it's pretty close and glad I had jeans on! LOL

The Arlen Ness Retro floorboards add such a level of comfort, she'll be great for cruising. With the addition of toe hangers (highway pegs) she'll be recliner comfortable. The Le Pera Bare Bones seat, only being on her 30 or 40 minutes, didn't seem bad at all. But of course I was like a kid at Christmas with excitement and was focusing on the ride to make sure there was anything I forgot to tighten up. lol Adding the bar setup, and the Shotgun slammed, what a ride she has become!!!!! INCREDIBLE and definitely like nothing I've ever ridden! She's ready for a journey!

She's not finished just yet, have a couple more goodies coming in the next two days to finish her up and then just found an idiot eBay seller was selling things that are on back order, so that was cancelled and I've got to search out another tonight. It just rubs my arsh to no end when people sell things they don't have!!!! Same thing happened with my shifter that will finally be here tomorrow. Hell, think I'm going to start me an eBay business if I don't have to have the item, just do damn orders and mark the price up slightly above wholesale. Ok, rant over! LOL

More pictures hopefully this weekend when I have her completed and maybe her first show at Myrtle Beach Bike Week West weekend down in Florence, SC, if it doesn't get rained out. As some of you may know they've been going through hell keeping MB Bike Week at Myrtle so they're changing things up again this year.

Enough rambling! LOL Here's a few shots from tonight.

Tank badges are laying on the work bench but haven't put them on yet. Guess I'll let that out of the bag. I've gotta save something for the end!

Chap I was trying to keep the full bike shots until she's completed, but here's one for you!

Old 02-28-2012, 09:46 PM
chap!
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that your real number plate by the way? (NC D'UXE) Oh no, even thats the Dogs!!!

& new/different emblems! Good!

(psssst, timing cover)

Last edited by chap!; 02-28-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:22 PM
2010Deluxeguy
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Daaaaaaaaaaaayum!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:23 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by chap!
The dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is that your real number plate by the way? (NC D'UXE) Oh no, even thats the Dogs!!!

& new/different emblems! Good!

(psssst, timing cover)
Yep, that's my plate. The "chrome" timing cover came in yesterday actually (LOL), I just haven't stopped to change it yet. I was to excited to get her running and out for a ride.

Old 02-28-2012, 10:25 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by 2010Deluxeguy
Daaaaaaaaaaaayum!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, sir! BTW, don't brake that thing off!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:29 PM
chap!
Road Master

Originally Posted by NC D'LUXE
Yep, that's my plate. The "chrome" timing cover came in yesterday actually (LOL), I just haven't stopped to change it yet. I was to excited to get her running and out for a ride.
No, real Great job Dean! You can have my t-Shirt!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:33 PM
socal yankee
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that's a gddamn stunning piece of rolling thunder. Wait. I'm gonna she'd a lil tear. Ok. I'm good. No I'm not. Ok. Yes I am. Ahhhh.

I know what you mean about those pipes. When I roll off the throttle a bit to up shift, I can swear she's growling at me. And HOLY F*CK!!! That left leg gets hot when sittin in LA traffic!!!!

And now I may have to roll my bars down just a little more. Hahaha!!

Here's to Rollin slammed and loud!!! Now let's get you faster!!!

Pssst... I noticed the timing cover too. There is an all chrome one avail

SHOW WINNER FO SHO!!!!

Now I believe someone mentioned whiskey. Mmmm. I don't mind if I do

Old 02-28-2012, 10:39 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by chap!
No, real Great job Dean! You can have my t-Shirt!

Awesome brother, thank you, sir!! Man, you guys make me miss my couple weeks spent there with the Para Regiment! I've always wanted to live there with you dawgs and your pubs and clubs! LOL Thanks for all your input and help Si!!

Old 02-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Steel_Wings
Advanced

WOW man! This bike has come a super long way! And it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Inspiration right here brother! Strong work.

Quick Reply: Deluxe Vicla Build Is ON!