Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1st jockey shift ride questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 11:58 PM
hart11b
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by honkylips
Proven to be the best? LOL, by who? YOU? Sure it's been proven to be the best as far as ease of operation goes, but if ease of operation was all that mattered, we'd all driving in a Toyota Prius. I put a jockey shift on mine because it's just something different and it made the bike tons of fun to ride again.

Let's face it, we ride american v-twins. If all we were concerned about was getting the most modern, highest performance, most economical, safest ride out there, we'd all be cruising in metric bikes, because dollar for dollar, they blow Harley's out of the water in all performance, convenience, and economical factors.

I'll also take a points ignition, carbureted fueled, drum braked 1969 GTO over a fuel injected, air bagged, power everything 2004 GTO anyday. Style and smiles per hour count in my book.
Well said.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:30 AM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by honkylips
Proven to be the best? LOL, by who? YOU? Sure it's been proven to be the best as far as ease of operation goes, but if ease of operation was all that mattered, we'd all driving in a Toyota Prius. I put a jockey shift on mine because it's just something different and it made the bike tons of fun to ride again.

Let's face it, we ride american v-twins. If all we were concerned about was getting the most modern, highest performance, most economical, safest ride out there, we'd all be cruising in metric bikes, because dollar for dollar, they blow Harley's out of the water in all performance, convenience, and economical factors.

I'll also take a points ignition, carbureted fueled, drum braked 1969 GTO over a fuel injected, air bagged, power everything 2004 GTO anyday. Style and smiles per hour count in my book.
yup. what he said.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:14 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

gettin better left turns uphill suk
so far have killed it 6x , 2x in driveway, 4 times in publik
getting used to pride being smashed, when im barrelin down after i get goin
i have to admit its fun as chit mang, will i go back? hmm....not now im gunna see how
this summer/fall goes. after reading everyone elses op looks like ill be a pro
by then, learnin curve ahead. thanks for replies fellers

Old 05-16-2012, 06:15 AM
JakesDad1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hang in there! Get some miles, it'll come to ya.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:05 PM
Phoenix22
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya know it's also called a suicide for a reason right? Those steep uphill starts (especially with a left turn involved) are a PITA. I had friends way back when that took theirs to the strip and raced em all the time so why not? They didn't have front brakes either.

I had a nice home made system I built for my bike but just never got around to installing it. I think I may be to old these days, those are for the younger crowd. But that's just a **** poor personal opinion.