Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V & H pipes with power vision with ?? Filter on 2011 FB

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:50 PM
oyeaussie
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V & H pipes with power vision with ?? Filter on 2011 FB

Hi All,

I recently moved from US to Australia and bought my 2011 FB with me.
I bought V&H pro pipe in the US, but never installed the pipe on the bike as I was planning on this move.

Now as the bike is here in Australia, I would like to install the Pipe on it. So far I have realized that in addition to the pipe, I need a fuel pak or Power commander or Power Vision from Dynojet. Also, need a decent filter on it as well.

I have been shopping around Sydney and so far the price I have received to installed the power vision, filter and tune the bike is off the roof.

I have few questions as I am planning to do this installation by myself.
1) Have anyone tried the Power Vision on Fatboy?
2) Are there different models of PV or its one fits all?
3) Do I need to get my bike tuned at a dynojet service center after installing the Power Vision?
4) Any Recommendation for the filters?
5) Which filters are good, the ones that fit right under the factory casing or the ones that replaces the casing?

The price I received in Sydney for installing the Pipe ($200), installing and tuning the Power Vision ($600 for the Power Vision and $500 for tuning) and additional $200-300 for a decent quality filter.
So instead of giving the dealer a good chunk of 1500 dollars, I am thinking of doing it myself.

Question 3 from the above questions is really important. If I have to get the bike tuned regardless of installing it at home or with the dealer, then I will prefer the dealer doing all the greasy work for me as it would cost only $200 more on top of the parts.

Any suggestions would really help.

Thanks,
Guru.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:08 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

There is an Australian forum with lots of people willing to help you out:

https://www.hdforums.com.au/

As for the Power Vision one will fit all. You will just need the right program for you bike. Doesn't the Power Vision have an "auto tune" add on? That would negate the necessity for a dyno tune

The Power Vision is plug and play. No need to install.

Simplest will be to order Power Vision with the right map installed for your bike together with an Arlen Ness free flowing air filter.
Should be a great improvement already over stock. According to some posts on the Australian forum, Fuel Moto can ship you that package for about $650 all in.

Last edited by Rakthi; 07-12-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:46 AM
24v
Elite HDF Member
Received 700 Likes on 381 Posts

Fuel Moto has the PV and an Air Cleaner kit for $549.
http://fuelmotousa.com/sale.htm
They will also load a map in it for you. So basically, you install the air cleaner, plug in the tuner and flash the computer, then ride away.
Within 2 hours max you will be done. Very easy.