Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Boy rear turn signal relocation.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 07:00 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts
Default Fat Boy rear turn signal relocation.

I really need help here as I am at my wits end. I moved my turn signals to accommodate my saddlebags when I first bought my bike. I bought the kit that relocated them to my license plate frame. That worked great. Then I bought a detachable tour pack and that hit the large factory lights. So I switched to a smaller re-locater and smaller aftermarket turn signals to clear the tour pack mount. The problem is, the light lenses melted when I ran my RUN/TURN/STOP module. So I removed the module and installed plain turn signals, but dammit, I liked all the extra light from the huge stock tail lights and the R/T/S module. I want to get them back on the bike.

Here's where I need your guys help!!! Fat Boys (mine is a 2005) don't have the fender indents that other softails like the Heritage and Deluxe have, so I don't have a lot of options for stock parts swapping. I need a way to mount some LARGE/BRIGHT rear turn signals that will work with the RUN/TURN/STOP module on to my rear fender and will clear that tour pack rack. Pretty much if they mount to the license plate frame, they won't clear. They have to mount either to the fender itself OR to the tail light. Any ideas?

Please advise.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:46 AM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
Here's where I need your guys help!!! Fat Boys (mine is a 2005) don't have the fender indents that other softails like the Heritage and Deluxe have, so I don't have a lot of options for stock parts swapping.Any ideas?
Go down to post #16 in the link provided. snip0721 mounted Heritage lights in his Fatboy rear fender without the dimples. Nice clean look. I've wanted to do that since I saw his bike, but was to cheap to pay for the bracket and tail lights that come on the Street & Road Glides. Just another option for you to consider.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-bagger-2.html

Old 01-09-2013, 07:52 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

You don't need the indents. A Deluxe rear turn signal bar will fit on the rear fender.

I install one on my Heritage Springer almost 8 years ago.

The part number 68615-04

Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

I made a couple of brackets and just mounted mine off the most rearward hole on the fender struts. Ran them that way for several years. You can see them in the pic below. Mine weren't pretty but gives you one idea maybe.

A few months ago I relocated them to the bottom drawer of my tool box.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Boy rear turn signal relocation.-center-line-wheels-002.jpg  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks so much guys. I would really prefer the factory light bar to aftermarket, that way there will never be issues. I had no idea that stuff was compatible with the Fat Boy fender. Thanks.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:55 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

Blue tape.... Measure 100x.....mark..... measure again...... Then drill baby drill...

Nothing like a nice sharp drill bit going into anniversary tins...

Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had my Kury machined to flush against the fender and used angle washers inside. Then plug and play. Solid and no problems electronically.

The following users liked this post:
Beagleboy (03-15-2019)
Old 01-09-2013, 10:58 AM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks guys. I am scouring ebay right now for used nice setups and will install per your recomendations. Iron ***, thanks for the pics. I have mine there now and that luggage rack would be an issue with where you got them. Need them lower if possible. Under the tail light will be ideal.

That Kury looks clean by the way. That's still an option. Thanks.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 01-09-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 PM
LimitedLou
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a rear light Bar on a 1997 FLSTF. Made a copy of mounting on paper, put where I wanted it on Fender, put tape where Drill bit was and bingo.. Worked great...

Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks Lou. Thats exactly what I am planning. Hopefully I can find a 2000-up bar and lights. Then its just plug and play. Don't even need to solder the wires.

Quick Reply: Fat Boy rear turn signal relocation.