Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just bought my first Harley LOTS OF QUESTIONS

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 PM
travalab
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Just bought my first Harley LOTS OF QUESTIONS

I bought a 2013 Blackline

-Is there a kit to relocate the gauge cluster to the middle of the tank that finishes it off with leather? or any other suggestions for locations, i want it off the triple tree so I can swap the bars, i thought about eliminating it completely but I want to know my options for keeping it.
-I want to put a 19"x3" rear spoked wheel that matches the stock front one, any suggestions?
-I want to lower it as much as possible (front and back) where it will still be ridable, I am leaning away from any kind of air ride suspension. How low can I go and what is the preferred method?
-Its fuel injected when I get a new exhaust will I need to do anything to the computer, or is there enough play in the stock computer system that it will self adjust?

I have been doing some searching but I figured I would post all my questions in one thread because I know the answers to them will lead to more.

Thanks!

Old 04-19-2013, 09:46 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 83 Posts

Welcome to the forum, let us spend your money.
A friend of a riding buddy has a 2012 BL so I have only seen it several times, it looks like it has the same tank as a newer FB so you may find some low mileage take-offs on eBay.
Hog Pro is a forum sponsor so try him first.
Shotgun shock is what you're gonna hear and for a good reason, JD1 is a forum sponsor too, he is also true to his word and product. I know you said not your preference but whatever.
Pipes only, no problem A/C only no problem, both then you will most likely need a re-tune to get all of your performance for your trouble and money.

did I say welcome?

Old 04-19-2013, 10:04 PM
travalab
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

What about the front? what can I do to lower it? Thanks for the help so far.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:01 AM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,787 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Welcome to the Forum from Colorado!
Progressive suspension makes both lowering springs and monotube shocks that will lower your front up to 2". Lowering bolts are available to lower the rear shocks up to 2". Dead Creek cycles makes a collar type kit to lower the rear as well. Set up a search around your model of bike in eBay and you will find hundreds of options.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:18 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Welcome to the forum. There is a Blackline picture thread. All the members who have one post up the pictures there. You will get lots of ideas.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...re-thread.html

Hope this helps.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:39 AM
Sharkfinn
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Tee&Vee mentioned, you should be able to use another tank console and move the gauge there. Check the last page of the picture thread, Firezapper has done this to his Blackline (it looks great). I have also seen some gauges that have been moved off to the side of the bike. Joker Machine has a couple kits available for this, but I know there are some cheaper options out there. Although still on the triple tree, Todd's Cycle makes a triple tree specifically for the Blackline that will allow regular bars to be used; they also make bars that work on the stock tree.

Progressive Suspension is likely the best option for lowering the bike if you don't want a shotgun. Check out the attached link to poke around their website. As far as wheels go, check out HD Wheels; they might have some options that fit your needs.

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum.

Last edited by Sharkfinn; 04-26-2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:22 AM
A5Firearms
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts