Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need some help with High Beam indicator lamp

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I need some help with High Beam indicator lamp

A little background first. The bike is a 2012 Fat Boy Lo. I installed a Trucklite Phase 7 LED headlight and passing lamps set about two or three weeks ago. About a week ago I installed the module from HD allowing me to run the passing lamps and high beam at the same time. Starting this morning the high beam indicator no longer works. The headlight and passing lamps work fine, both high and lo beams but the indicator on the dash doesn't work. I'm not really sure where to start with this and I'm hoping it's as simple as a blown bulb but I'd really appreciate some insight into what it could be. Particulary since I didn't have a dealer install HD's LED's so I'm not confident I'll get much help from there.

Old 04-29-2013, 12:53 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, I'd say blown bulb, it's a 2012 so should be warrenty work

Old 04-29-2013, 03:36 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought the dash indicators were LED?

Sounds like a bonus to the install to me! I disconnected my bright indicator, it was annoyingly bright and really abnoxious to have in the peripheral vision.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Bsod
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
A little background first. The bike is a 2012 Fat Boy Lo. I installed a Trucklite Phase 7 LED headlight and passing lamps set about two or three weeks ago. About a week ago I installed the module from HD allowing me to run the passing lamps and high beam at the same time. Starting this morning the high beam indicator no longer works. The headlight and passing lamps work fine, both high and lo beams but the indicator on the dash doesn't work. I'm not really sure where to start with this and I'm hoping it's as simple as a blown bulb but I'd really appreciate some insight into what it could be. Particulary since I didn't have a dealer install HD's LED's so I'm not confident I'll get much help from there.
Fat Bob, since the last thing you did was plug-in that module I'd take it out and put it back to the original's way it was. If you haven't already done so get a tube of dielectric grease and slaps him on all your connections before you plug them in ill health in the future.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:25 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bsod
Fat Bob, since the last thing you did was plug-in that module I'd take it out and put it back to the original's way it was. If you haven't already done so get a tube of dielectric grease and slaps him on all your connections before you plug them in ill health in the future.
I've thought it might be the module but I'm pretty sure it's unrelated. The module plugs into an unused connector that provides constant power for a fender tip light. The module plugs into that connector and then goes to the passing lamp switch. That allows it to be powered independent of the high beams or anything else really. That's why I don't think it's related. Plus everything worked fine for a week straight. If it is the bulb does anyone know if that's a fairly easy replacement. My dealer is pretty busy with a big bike show coming up soon so I'm thinking it might be easier to do it myself.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:35 AM
bblhead
Novice

Not sure if it is any help, but the Green Left Turn Signal Arrow failed on my 2012 Lo. I looked it up in the Service Manual & you can't replace a single bulb, it is a complete unit. The stealership is ordering the parts to do a warranty repair.

Ben