Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Added Stage 4, Big Shots, and more chrome

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 06:24 AM
Justakidstill
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Added Stage 4, Big Shots, and more chrome

Picked up my deluxe yesterday after having the stage 4 Race kit installed with V&N Big shots staggered, 58 mill SE air cleaner.
Also had chrome trans interface cover, chrome tappet block accents, chrome rear master cyl cover, grips, chrome inner primary (not cover), Chrome Lindby 101-1 engine guard installed ..... It sounds crazy and responds really well. Couldn't ride it more than a few miles because of the storms coming up here so I snapped a cpl pics and put it away till Saturday.
Will give a better review of the kit and post more pics this weekend after I get it out and put some miles on it.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:24 AM
cpc0812
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome. Looks good. You will have to let us know how she performs.

Old 07-06-2014, 06:26 AM
Justakidstill
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage IV PRO RACE KIT Review

So I put the bike through the paces yesterday to see how the stage 4 kit performs. I must say I am very happy with it. It has a completely changed the riding experience of my Deluxe. It is a different bike altogether. Very powerful and fast. I didn't/couldn't push toooooo hard yet as I'm breaking it in but after 150 miles or so I went a lil further and she did not disappoint.
I've read much feedback abt the 259 cam and others opinion on which cams are better.
My take is this.
The torque really kicks in around 3k rpm with this cam. my preference would be abt 2k. if dealer would've explained this and offered cam options with kit I would go with one that gives me off the line torque.
Does it make the kit bad ?????? absolutely not. It is soooooooo much fun to ride now as opposed to before. It is a beast !!!! Didn't dyno it as my dealer doesn't offer that service. Would love to see what its producing and see if there is room to adjust the torque curve so if anyone can recommend someone that knows this the race tune that would be great..... Im near Clinton NJ off rt 78.
Honestly, this is how the bike should come from the factory.
Don't hesitate to install this kit , just have a conversation about your riding style and appropriate cams for you and I believe you'll be very happy !!!
Dave

Last edited by Justakidstill; 07-06-2014 at 07:03 AM. Reason: add info