Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSD Tracker 2-into-1 + ThunderMax with AutoTune

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 02:00 PM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Default RSD Tracker 2-into-1 + ThunderMax with AutoTune

Hey Fellas... my bike ran quite sluggish and I didn't like my stock ghetto rattle can painted pipes.. soo.. I went with the RSD Tracker 2-into-1 ... I didn't like the sound of the exhaust with the tip/baffle.. so I removed them..boy.. it sounds like a truck without an exhaust inside giant box.. I love it.. performance is way better.. the thundermax delivers on the promise of better performance and cooler engine.. I have yet to take the scoot on a long distance ride or long stop and go traffic..

The Exhaust sits higher and can easily burn your leg (especially with my configuration where I sit lower with a spring seat.. it offers much less protection compared a stock seat) .. I am thinking that perhaps I need to wrap the front part of the exhaust with a sleeve wrap, DEI Engineering makes one that is open and you secure it with lock fasteners ( http://www.designengineering.com/cat...t-wrap-jackets ) .. not cheap but I think it can do the trick ( the sleeve does not actually "wrap" around the pipe.. but rather cover it, I don't really like the look of wrapped pipes that much)...

I painted the exhaust / shields with VHT rattle can... of course the paint wont stay on the shield.. I need to find somebody who can remove the chrome and powder coat the shields.

I will update once I have more pics and since I bought the Thundermax from Cycle Solutions then I get a voucher for a free Dyno run (Daytona Biketoberfest... wohoo) ... once I get the dyno test done I will update on any apparent performance gains...

Last edited by joebotics; 09-02-2014 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

JoeB: Bike looks great. And unique! Have you ever thought do mid controls? I think they would look pretty cool on your bike.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:32 PM
joebotics
Road Warrior
Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Branner
JoeB: Bike looks great. And unique! Have you ever thought do mid controls? I think they would look pretty cool on your bike.
hey!!.... yeah... I want Mid Controls badly (especially because I am only 5'6'' ).. but the only option is the Exile Cycles mid control kit for twin cams. .. the mounting bracket costs $400... from there I will have to get creative with the brake assembly.. the shifter I can just invert but then it inverts the way you shift gears.. toes-up for down-shifting .. toes-down for up-shifting..