Bad Boy Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 11:51 AM
StLSpringer
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *STL97 update*

Tins are back from the painter, holy crap do they look good. This guy has the original tank looking brand new. Re-assembly has started!

Have a friend in the automobile aftermarket game that is going to cut a piece of "invisible bra" material to lay on the fender and protect from the passenger pillion. Anybody ever used this stuff? Does it work? Will it harm the paint?

Raining this weekend and in New Jersey next week. So probably next weekend for pics.

Viva Los Bad Boy!

Old 04-09-2011, 06:52 AM
wydglydrydr
Novice

Cleartastic is one name for the product you're talking about. The stuff works well on cars to protect the paint from stone chips and the like, but I'm not so sure it's going to work under the pillion unless your pillion is just for looks and no one ever sits on it. I think it might be asking too much of what is just a clear, thin plastic to keep the pad from rubbing through it if it has some weight on it. But anything you can try is worth it. Let us know how it holds up.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:47 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by STL97FXSTSB
Tins are back from the painter, holy crap do they look good. This guy has the original tank looking brand new. Re-assembly has started!

Have a friend in the automobile aftermarket game that is going to cut a piece of "invisible bra" material to lay on the fender and protect from the passenger pillion. Anybody ever used this stuff? Does it work? Will it harm the paint?

Raining this weekend and in New Jersey next week. So probably next weekend for pics.

Viva Los Bad Boy!
Great news about the tins!

I've used clear bra on my daily rider, a 2003 ZRX. Love the color and didn't want to use one of those tacky tank protectors. Also covered the tail section where my foot occasionally drags over it. I've also used it on other customer bikes with good results. My Bad Boy had a clear plastic on the rear fender underneath the 2-up seat when I got it. Looked like factory but I removed it when I went solo. It did a decent job of protecting the paint. Here's a pic of my ZRX tank with clear bra on the center section:

Name:  Photo0561.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  40.7 KB

Old 04-10-2011, 11:54 AM
StLSpringer
Tourer

With fresh paint I really don't want it scuffed anytime soon. I need a two up once in a while, looking at solo's again now

Old 04-15-2011, 12:24 PM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 97FXSTSB
Great news about the tins!

I've used clear bra on my daily rider, a 2003 ZRX. Love the color and didn't want to use one of those tacky tank protectors. Also covered the tail section where my foot occasionally drags over it. I've also used it on other customer bikes with good results. My Bad Boy had a clear plastic on the rear fender underneath the 2-up seat when I got it. Looked like factory but I removed it when I went solo. It did a decent job of protecting the paint. Here's a pic of my ZRX tank with clear bra on the center section:

3 bikes a Vette and a truck, LOL.

Old 04-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Gustapo
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

New here, but this is my new beauty! '95 FXSTSB

S&S Carb, Andrews mild cam, Thunderheader, Andrews Adj pushrods, Crane Hi-4 Ignition, Motor Bored .005 over...

Name:  P4130205.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  72.5 KB
Name:  P4130202.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  58.3 KB
Name:  P4130200.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  66.6 KB

Loving the looks of some of these Badboys! Love the blacked-out look.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Gustapo
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Forgot to mention:

Smoked signals, black cast HD wheels, 3" forward controls, LED tail/signal lights, lowered... I think that covers everything.

DAMN! Some nice BB's around here!

Old 04-21-2011, 12:12 AM
96black&blue
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been a while since i've checked in,how's everyone been?big welcome to all the new arrivals.tire is kickazz G,bike is lookin great Rich,how's all coming along Brett ,any new pics?yup,too many toys Brian lol.penguin,xmxer,gustapo,bikes all look really good,and once again welcome,it's really good seein all these BB's coming together.every one seems to be staying pretty true to the original BB theme,thats great. RIDE SAFE ALL

Old 04-21-2011, 12:59 AM
skullhead
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Gustapo
New here, but this is my new beauty! '95 FXSTSB

Loving the looks of some of these Badboys! Love the blacked-out look.
Looking good! The black rims look great...

Old 04-21-2011, 06:49 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,994 Likes on 2,188 Posts

Skully planning a trip to the JD Distillery 6/24-6/25 with some of the guys on the Night Train page.Most of the details are on the NT owners social page.Coming thru you're neck of the woods to meet up with a few.If you can make it your more than welcome. G.

Welcome aboard gustapo,nice looking ride.

Quick Reply: Bad Boy Pictures