Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

NOLA on a bike

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 12:18 PM
Icemanii
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default NOLA on a bike

Going to be spending some vacation time in New Orleans. See they have public parking lots. Any thoughts or suggestions on going there on a Bagger? Places better to park, places to avoid leaving the bike?

Thanks

Old 05-31-2017, 02:05 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 710 Likes on 365 Posts

Park it in another city! That place is a **** hole on every level! The only thing **** Orleans has that's even remotely worth going to see is the WWII museum. Other than that...FLUSH!

Old 05-31-2017, 02:56 PM
Icemanii
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tas_todd
Park it in another city! That place is a **** hole on every level! The only thing **** Orleans has that's even remotely worth going to see is the WWII museum. Other than that...FLUSH!
That is one of the places going to visit. Wife wants to go, so have to at least make it bearable. Not spending a lot of time there before heading on but wanted to get as much info as I can. Thanks for the reply.

Old 05-31-2017, 07:45 PM
Knutson Boltz
Banned
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I've spent considerable time there. A previous poster put it correctly "Flush", the place smells like a urinal, featureless land, high prices and its VERY demographically challenged...not much diversity, if ya know what I mean. Watch the news, read the papers, murder, murder, drugs, murder, carjacking and murder. Not a fit place for humans. I bought my first harley at nola hd, I had the dealer deliver it to a storage unit until I could trailer it home. When i had time i would get it out and ride it. One day a Galloping Goose member pulled up to me at a red light and invited me to their clubhouse for a party. That kinda blew my mind.

Last edited by Knutson Boltz; 05-31-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:14 PM
roughneck266
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If it were me, I would get a hotel in Metairie, or Kenner and take a cab into the main parts of the city. I personally wouldn't want to ride in or especially park downtown anywhere. I stay at a Holiday Inn in Metairie every other month for work, haven't seen anything stolen there while I was there, but only seen one or two bikes there that I can remember.
Enjoy your trip!

Old 05-31-2017, 08:20 PM
sonnybro1
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live 40 min. to the north and agree New Orleans is a **** hole.

Old 05-31-2017, 08:24 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,517 Likes on 6,271 Posts

My daughter lived in the French Quarter for a year. I only visited her twice, but I wish I had discovered it when I was younger. Great food, awesome music in lots of bars, party atmosphere.

You need to be situationally aware, like any Democrat city. I didn't see too many motorcycles when I was down there. Probably not a good place to leave one unattended.

Cafe du Monde's Beignets are delicious. I was there at 11 p.m.. there were no lines.

If you do ride there, please post about it.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:30 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 897 Likes on 517 Posts

It's an awesome city, lots too do, wonderful food and people. If you're afraid of cities or have race issues, you might not like it. Otherwise, have fun.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:40 AM
Icemanii
Intermediate

Originally Posted by From_Behind
It's an awesome city, lots too do, wonderful food and people. If you're afraid of cities or have race issues, you might not like it. Otherwise, have fun.
From Detroit area, neither one is an issue. Stupid drivers/parking is a whole other issue however!!

Old 06-08-2017, 10:01 AM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 897 Likes on 517 Posts

Originally Posted by Icemanii
From Detroit area, neither one is an issue. Stupid drivers/parking is a whole other issue however!!
Their parking can be challenging, but not too bad. Stupidity of the drivers is about in particular with the other areas of the South that I've lived in. I'd say you're OK being from Detroit. Do it - you only live once!

Quick Reply: NOLA on a bike