Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona 3/4 helmet

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 06:28 PM
eviltwin415
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona 3/4 helmet

These are on Lick's site for $55 and claim to be the smallest. I've been wearing a biltwell for 2 years and want to go DOT. My head is so small the biltwell doesn't look so low profile anyway. Can anyone post pics of them with theirs? They're about half what the Bell 500 cost from what I see, is the quality comparable? Do they make a face shield for them? Lastly, is Lick's the place to buy from, never dealt with them before. Thanks.

Old 11-28-2010, 06:33 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 11-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

AJ and the boys at Licks are TOP NOTCH and great people to deal with.They have some of the best customer service you will ever find any where period.As for the Daytona Helmet IMHO that is the biggest piece of $hit around DO NOT waste your money.The quality does not even come close to a Bell Custom 500 or a Fulmer V2 or even a Biltwell for that matter.I had a Brand new Daytona 3/4 for one day and sold it a day later for 20.00.I have had a Biltwell Mega Flake,Daytona 3/4,Bell Custom 500 and a Fulmer v2.My favorite DOT is the Fulmer V2. I just ordered a Loser Machine Knuckle head so well see how that goes.It is not DOT ethier but it does have about 1/2-3/4 inch of saftey foam where as the Bitwell has 0.At least it should still give you a fighting chance. I am hoping it is a good balance B/W lo profile look and saftey.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:07 PM
motordrum
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just asked for the copper Biltwell Hustler for Christmas, we'll see...

Old 11-28-2010, 07:21 PM
streetfighter06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

$55 saved. In Texas, there is no helmet law. As should be in EVERY state. Ride at your own risk.

Old 11-28-2010, 07:39 PM
eviltwin415
Tourer

Thanks Malingerer. can you be more specific about what's wrong with it and why you like the bell more? the bell is smaller than the fulmer, correct?

Old 11-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Daniel Hunter
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got a Daytona Cruiser (3/4) and I agree it's crap.

The snaps that hold the liner to the shell are plastic and incredibly fragile. I think a couple of mine were broken when I took it out of the box. Instead of sending mine back I replaced the snaps...I had some laying around and the tools to install them.

The ear pockets are also really uncomfortable. Fortunately we have a hot knife and quite a bit of foam at work so I made some custom inserts.

Basically unless you're willing to mod. your brand new helmet to make it more functional just buy a Bell.

After all that I bought a Bell anyway.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:22 AM
eviltwin415
Tourer

Thanks all, going with the Bell.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:23 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by eviltwin415
Thanks Malingerer. can you be more specific about what's wrong with it and why you like the bell more? the bell is smaller than the fulmer, correct?
The Daytona looks small on the counter but when you put it on."Beam me up Scotty".The top has the 1" of saftey foam like all other DOTs.But the skirts (or sides of the helmet) are shorter and taper in towards your face.Thus accentuating the bobble head look we are all trying to avoid,more so than the Bell or Fulmer.The shell is cheap ,the liner is cheezy.I could not even open the snap to the goggle strap it was like crazy glued shut.The padding around the ears is virtually non existent.Which creates lots of wind noise.As well it causes the wind to get underneath the helmet.Anything more than 45MPH that helmet wants to fly off your head,choking the $hit out of you in the process.That thing is like the Red Headed Step Child of DOT helmets, Stay far away.The Bell and Fulmer are both Quailty Helmets can not go wrong with ethier one.The Bell has a nicer liner than the Fulmer.The Bell is lighter by maybe 2oz.Again The skirts on the Bell are a little shorter which makes it look smaller on the counter.But that gets lost when you put it on your head.I like the Fulmer the most. Longer ,fuller skirts seems to fit lower to the brow.And the Flake finishes are alot nicer than the Bell.More like the Biltwell mega flakes. Hope this helps

Old 11-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Forgot to mention that I wear a Med.Both Fulmer and Bell have smaller shell sizes for s,m and l,xl are bigger so I cant comment on them.You may want to checkout Rockhard American Classic 3/4 Helmets.From what I have heard they have the shell like the Fulmer and the liner like the Bell 500.And they are priced well.I believe they are made by O'Neill Also the Bell does not have a goggle strap.The Fulmer and Rockhard do.But the Bell has the chrome strip around the opening as the other two do not.

Quick Reply: Daytona 3/4 helmet