Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud pipes: waking the neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 06:07 PM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 120 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Bones
Up to nine (thats 9) words now. Keep up on with your practicing and you may be able to convey a complete thought some day! You can do it!
Yo dawg, I'm trying! I hit ten words in a sentence once, but my mom said the punctuation was wrong.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rubberfrog
Yo dawg, I'm trying! I hit ten words in a sentence once, but my mom said the punctuation was wrong.
Ok, now lets try for two lines. Good progress so far.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:44 AM
AmericanNightmare
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
It seems more like 70/30. 30 as being it's OK to infringe on other peoples rights with loud noise.
Cool story, bro.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:52 AM
AmericanNightmare
Advanced

Originally Posted by slyedog
This thread sure has crashed like Danica driving NASCAR! Op when you get different pipes which I would highly advise over gutted stock exhaust. Your tone will be deeper and more appealing to hear at both idle and low rpms. If the LL is single take one for the team like Woody Harrelson did in Kingpin.
http://blokecalleddave.files.wordpre...02/kingpin.jpg
I can't WAIT to get them... I didn't gut the pipes myself, FYI, they were gutted when I bought the bike. Believe me, this will be the first thread I track down to update you with what I got!

Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by dan conner
screw a bunch of you loud pipe clowns...your lousy attitude and lack of respect for others will cause the passage of very restrictive noise laws by all towns/cities. i welcome it with open arms. you have no god given right to run straight pipes and no baffles...you are ruining it for every one. i look forward to the day that stock exhausts are the law of the land. right after that, will come no cams and no ignition modifications...you will reap what you sow.
Dan, don't waste your time with AN and Dusty Bones. They spew out false accusations and when confronted, like I did with Mr Dusty Bones, to prove it, they clam up. I asked 4 times to back up his accusation and so far he won't - because he's a liar and now we all know it.
Same with AN - can't back up what they say.....just spew lies with no intension to back them up.
I'm not wasting any more of my time with them, they're a lost cause. They'll never get it.
If they had been a little more conscientious of others feelings/rights maybe they wouldn't be so outnumbered. Sad

Old 05-16-2014, 08:13 AM
AmericanNightmare
Advanced

Dan, don't waste your time with AN and Dusty Bones. They spew out false accusations and when confronted, like I did with Mr Dusty Bones, to prove it, they clam up. I asked 4 times to back up his accusation and so far he won't - because he's a liar and now we all know it.
Same with AN - can't back up what they say.....just spew lies with no intension to back them up.
I'm not wasting any more of my time with them, they're a lost cause. They'll never get it.
If they had been a little more conscientious of others feelings/rights maybe they wouldn't be so outnumbered. Sad
You sir are a complete ego-centric, self-centered, opinionated assclown. I have backed up EVERYTHING I have said, I have been courteous to the LL/neighbors by parking down the street after they had said something and STILL getting harassed... are there any other things that you DIDN'T fully read correctly?

EFF YOU and your dumb mentality. Keep trying to act "holier than thou" from behind your computer and on your three wheels.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No gary, you make it very obvious you will talk down to the OP from your old soap box. Shame on him for his noncompliance with a person who hates motorcycles. What would you do if your neighbor came over and said if you ride your bike past his house one more time he is calling the cops. Just because your neighbor dont hate you gives no right to preech down onto AN. Grow up. I bet you would sell your bike to make your neighbor happy. From what you have told the OP it would be your only option. That is why you are such a miserable person. How you lived your life and what it did to you in your old age is not on AN. He is legal, he is free. Who the eff are you to tell him how to live. Answer that first.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Eisentreiber
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Folks - go riding instead!

Old 05-16-2014, 09:36 AM
mayhemmaster
Road Captain

Up here in Canada they fine us for no baffles...they shove the night stick in pipes then out comes the ticket book

Old 05-16-2014, 09:40 AM
AmericanNightmare
Advanced

Originally Posted by Eisentreiber
Folks - go riding instead!

Quick Reply: Loud pipes: waking the neighbors?