Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loud pipes: waking the neighbors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 06:02 PM
Allison Wunderland
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My neighbor likes to run his gawd damned lawnmower seven days a week --

Old 05-19-2014, 08:23 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by AmericanNightmare
You sir are a complete ego-centric, self-centered, opinionated assclown. I have backed up EVERYTHING I have said, I have been courteous to the LL/neighbors by parking down the street after they had said something and STILL getting harassed... are there any other things that you DIDN'T fully read correctly?

EFF YOU and your dumb mentality. Keep trying to act "holier than thou" from behind your computer and on your three wheels.
You must be a complete moron. I'm not behind my computer, I'm in front of it - assclown.

You backed up EVERYTHING you said????? HUH!!
How about where you accused me of wishing "DEATH" to you????? I asked you to back that up and another poster even asked how you came up with that stupid statement. To this minute - YOU HAVE NOT BACKED THAT UP! YOU CAN'T so just keep spewing lies - we all see you for what you are. What a shame.
You - try to read correctly and = ANSWER MY QUESTION - ASSCLOWN!!

Would also love to hear Dusty Bones back up his statement too, but of course you guys won't.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:27 AM
HelmetHead
Banned

Why the loud pipes anyway. Want to scare children?

Old 05-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
You must be a complete moron. I'm not behind my computer, I'm in front of it - assclown.

You backed up EVERYTHING you said????? HUH!!
How about where you accused me of wishing "DEATH" to you????? I asked you to back that up and another poster even asked how you came up with that stupid statement. To this minute - YOU HAVE NOT BACKED THAT UP! YOU CAN'T so just keep spewing lies - we all see you for what you are. What a shame.
You - try to read correctly and = ANSWER MY QUESTION - ASSCLOWN!!

Would also love to hear Dusty Bones back up his statement too, but of course you guys won't.
I never said it. I did go back and read your first post on this though. You said

There is a limit on what people will tolerate before fighting back and they have the numbers
What I want to know is why did the police even entertain a visit to the complainer? They deal with traffic constantly, it is a huge revenue gatherer for them. They know motorcycles are exempt. There is a limit to what people will tolerate gary before they fight back, and WE have the numbers. Why should AN comply with your wishes or even the wishes of the police when he has no legal obligation to do so. Its called freedom bro, understand it before you get in line with those who want to take it. You may be fine giving it up, thank god most are not.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:43 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

=8^)

Old 05-19-2014, 11:47 AM
jhblaze1
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by GARY DYER
What arrogance. Me-me-me. How about other people? Not everyone likes the sound of a motorcycle let alone a Harley......especially with loud mufflers.
You may live in a city and are allowed to have a motorcycle, BUT YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO **** OFF OTHER PEOPLE OR BREAK LAWS. If you want to continue to **** off people, have your check book ready, you'll need it.
People like you are are going to get the politicians down on us even more and we already have them on our backs enough now.....just waiting for an excuse.
Glad you're not anywhere near me.
Try to think of other people once in a while. There is a limit on what people will tolerate before fighting back and they have the numbers and politicians to back them up.
LOL...a lot of people just hate Harley riders and will bitch about it no matter how tame the pipes are. If his pipes aren't breaking a law (maybe they are, maybe they aren't) then the land lord can eat a bag of dicks.

I'm running stock exhaust as my bike is brand new but as soon as I have the money I'm putting loud pipes on it and anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my ***. Coming in and out of my neighborhood or a friend's, especially at night, I'll keep the revs as low as possible but I'm not going be scared into neutering my bike because of mob mentality BS. Loud pipes save lives, and even if they didn't...I like em.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Cascon
Novice

Some of these post are getting a lil' out of hand but just like anything, no matter what you say or what you do someone is going to be offended/upset/annoyed/etc. so what can you do? ...

About the noise... I bought my bike and it already had the Vance & Hines short shots... I though "man these are loud" and I was a bit worried about it because I have neighbors and I wanted to be respectful. So what I do is this... in the morning before I start the bike I am ready to roll, gloves, back pack and sometimes a helmet. As soon as I turn the key and it starts I drop it into first and get the hell out of dodge. I go real easy and just basically let the bikes idle get me going. When I hit a main road (about a 1/2 mile from the house) I pull over and let the bike warm up a bit before continuing.

On the way home, as soon as I hit my street, I get a lil' speed going, pull in the clutch, hit the switch to turn it off and then coast on in. Unless they are waiting for me and are just looking for something to bitch about because they have nothing better to do they never even know I made it home. I know this might not work for you but short of pushing your bike down the street (way down the street) there is not much more you can do about it. If you are legal (pipes) and if the police show up, at least you can be honest with the cops about your efforts to be courteous. Some cops also ride so they may cut you some slack and just ignore the complaining party. But it sounds to me like you just may have a case of the "I have **** for brains neighbors" syndrome, in which case there is not much you can do other than to find a better place to live. Some times that happens.

Good Luck…

Last edited by Cascon; 05-19-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:34 PM
mydogfarted
Tourer

Originally Posted by HelmetHead
Why the loud pipes anyway. Want to scare children?
Because "Loud pipes save lives", duh.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:38 PM
HelmetHead
Banned

Originally Posted by jhblaze1
LOL...a lot of people just hate Harley riders and will bitch about it no matter how tame the pipes are. If his pipes aren't breaking a law (maybe they are, maybe they aren't) then the land lord can eat a bag of dicks.

I'm running stock exhaust as my bike is brand new but as soon as I have the money I'm putting loud pipes on it and anyone who doesn't like it can kiss my ***. Coming in and out of my neighborhood or a friend's, especially at night, I'll keep the revs as low as possible but I'm not going be scared into neutering my bike because of mob mentality BS. Loud pipes save lives, and even if they didn't...I like em.
Self rule, without self discipline, is self defeating..... then comes a law.

Old 05-19-2014, 03:49 PM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HelmetHead
Self rule, without self discipline, is self defeating..... then comes a law.
You are so witty. Now this may sound silly but how about we concentrate on the exsisting law and its exclusion of motorcycles in his state.

Maybe gary can round up a few guys and you can all make a road trip on your whisper quiet Forever Three Wheels and petition for an even more restrictive law. Log out of the internet and put your actions where your words are.

Quick Reply: Loud pipes: waking the neighbors?