The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

DYNOJET: Posing a at pro vs mytune question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 08:57 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,030 Likes on 651 Posts

Oh I almost forgot. Just for full disclosure. My map is a 176 calibration. My bike came stock with a 141 cal. However in order to get my acrs to work dynojet gave me a 176 to have the settings. I am curious if the difference in cals is somehow internally causing a screwy situation. I guess that's probably a Steve Cole question

Old 07-17-2016, 02:37 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

I did a test this morning. I had my at pro kit on with widebands and loaded the mytuned values for ve's. thus monitoring the real time afrs. I will say that the mytune map was quite rich at idle and lower rpms. It did hold a better and tighter grip on the afrs

Old 07-18-2016, 06:39 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,436 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason
Oh I almost forgot. Just for full disclosure. My map is a 176 calibration. My bike came stock with a 141 cal. However in order to get my acrs to work dynojet gave me a 176 to have the settings. I am curious if the difference in cals is somehow internally causing a screwy situation. I guess that's probably a Steve Cole question

I have no idea what they gave you but, if you have a proper Lvl 176 calibration for your combination of parts it will run fine. 2006 was the only year that used Lvl 141 and Closed Loop so I have to assume that is what you had to start with and it was only used on a 88 cu in Dyna that year as I recall. That bike also got the new 6 speed transmission. So provided your Lvl 176 is setup for all that it should work.

Now what very well could be causing your trouble are the O2 sensors. Are you pipes stock? Are the sensors properly placed and deep enough into the pipes? You should be able to use ANY version of sensor and come out with very close to the same settings in the VE tables. +/- 5% and call it good as the engine does not repeat any better than that.

For a test, place the tune in the PV basic mode and tune from the stock O2's. Once those corrections are in range save the tune. Then remove the stock O2's and place the Bosch LSU's in the exact same mounting bungs in the pipes. Put the stock ones where the LSU were and hook up. Then repeat the same test over again but useing your AT-pro and compare the VE values in the closed loop range. They should be within ~ +/-8% of each other.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:08 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

Sorry Steve, I didn't see this until now. I am using a thunderheader on my dyna. It only has one set of o2 bungs to run one set of sensors at a time. The mytune versus the autotune ve test proves that mytune makes an entirely better ve table at idle and low throttle which holds the afr more accurately even outside of closed loop. Autotune and mytune provided about the exact same ve values and quality off of idle and in the touring area.

Autotune does provide a waaaay better high throttle position wot area ve

And just to update. I sent my map and a couple of logs to hrdtail to take a look at and maybe a better perspective on my map normalization and other tables

Old 07-27-2016, 11:24 AM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by misfitJason

And just to update. I sent my map and a couple of logs to hrdtail to take a look at and maybe a better perspective on my map normalization and other tables

Resend. I have not seen them in my email.

Old 07-27-2016, 01:08 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

Roger

Old 07-27-2016, 02:14 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

Sent it to you Hrdtail. Check your email. I put my username here in the message header