The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

Other Devices: FP3 Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 09:44 AM
bigskyroadglide
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 157 Posts
Default FP3 Question

FP3 installed, bike runs great.

several auto tune sessions, mileage right at 40, power where i need it.

bike is a 2010 Road Glide, 96, Vance and Hines true duals, Cobra Python 3.5 slipons. Ventilator Air Cleaner. Bike has 22K on the clock. 20 of that in last two years. PO did 2K in 5 years.

Installed Andrews 48 cams. end of last season, no problems, no concerns, except, i want to update my map to reflect the 48 cams.

I go into the software on the FP3 and it says in the FAQ's select your cam from those listed and update your map. I go into the section and it says, email Vance and Hines? what gives?

do i have to email or can i just update? So i emailed Vance and Hines with my map, sent a copy of my ECM data as well.

I m not concerned, but just wanted to know and or understand, have i missed a firm ware update? a app update or is this normal and V&H will send me something?

thanks for response

Old 05-08-2017, 10:03 AM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

I asked the same of VH. CANBUS models (2014 and later) are only ones that allow selection of cam data on your own. Earlier models require what you are doing now so all should be good

Old 05-08-2017, 08:55 PM
petejoe43
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

[QUOTE=bigskyroadglide;16216063]FP3 installed, bike runs great.

several auto tune sessions, mileage right at 40, power where i need it.

bike is a 2010 Road Glide, 96, Vance and Hines true duals, Cobra Python 3.5 slipons. Ventilator Air Cleaner. Bike has 22K on the clock. 20 of that in last two years. PO did 2K in 5 years.

Installed Andrews 48 cams. end of last season, no problems, no concerns, except, i want to update my map to reflect the 48 cams.

I go into the software on the FP3 and it says in the FAQ's select your cam from those listed and update your map. I go into the section and it says, email Vance and Hines? what gives?

do i have to email or can i just update? So i emailed Vance and Hines with my map, sent a copy of my ECM data as well.

I m not concerned, but just wanted to know and or understand, have i missed a firm ware update? a app update or is this normal and V&H will send me something?

I went through this process with Cheyne at V&H. Great help, but dialing in your cams will more than likely require a dyno or a tuner who can look at your data logs and determine what you need. I'm no pro, but found the help I needed to tune my Andrews 57h cams in my stage 2 103". Be patient, it will happen, but probably not in the time frame you prefer. Since everyone's riding habits are a little different, you'll have to experiment. Good folks at V&H. They will help you. Try to be as accurate as you can in describing engine behavior. It took me almost 70 days to get mine right. A kind soul here put the final pieces of my tune together for me. Good luck!

Old 05-09-2017, 12:48 AM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

^^^^ I guess it just depends on your set up, I've swapped cams in both my bikes (with V&H pipes) and the new, edited maps were dead on, bikes run awesome!! I even prefer to run the edited base maps over several different Autotune maps I've created, because they just perform better across the board....so you never know!!

As far as the OPs question, with my '09 Rocker, I used the FP3 to upload my map to the V&H server, then called them with my new cam info. It only took about 5 minutes to for them to edit the map and send it back for me to download/flash.

Last edited by Rocker B; 05-09-2017 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocker B
I even prefer to run the edited base maps over several different Autotune maps I've created, because they just perform better across the board
Which is rather strange ...a canned map works better than one tuned to your actual bike??!? We'll all be using canned maps and not tuning anymore next