"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

not one post about bike week meet up.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 07:27 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts
Default not one post about bike week meet up.

I am not a 'planner'....and do not intend to start. But found it odd that any member of the Florida crew, heading to Daytona Beach
for Bike Week..did not consider a lunch meet up. Discuss...

Main Street was the most crowded during the day than I have seen it in years. Went looking for a vender that might be selling a head unit
to replace my '13 road glide stereo.....found nothing. n Beach Street was a little sparce....plenty of parking. Will hit the speedway and maybe
a ride out towards Deland tomorrow....hopefully before the rain comes. I work most of the week, but have Friday off.
Welcome to Daytona.

Chuck

Old 03-11-2017, 10:52 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

I went up on Thursday when I saw the Hilton was only charging $110 for Thursday night.

I thought Destination had fewer vendors, and Main St had a lot of 'For Rent' empty stores.

Sorry Chuck that I didn't let you know, it was a short notice trip and I left midday on Friday.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:28 AM
JaxHarleyRdr
Club Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Chuck I can't plan far ahead due to my dad and my obligations. Right now planning on going to volusia speedway park on Tuesday for Vintage Flat track racing on the 1/4 flat track. Mark and Tom friends of Hugh's that have been to rally before are coming over Tuesday til Thursday Hoping to spend Wed with them. Then hoping to go back last sunday to go to Iron Horse. really enjoyed last day there with you aand Barbra before.

Old 03-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

Working all week and usually ride out of town the last weekend of Bike Week. I thought the the amount of bikes riding around town after Speed Weeks indicated a big crowd for Bike Week, but the first weekend seems pretty light. Stopped at the Beaver Bar around 1pm Sun & the first thing through my mind was they have bigger crowds on a regular Sunday. Plenty of empty seats out front next to US1. That's unusual. Weather through Thur won't help.

Old 03-12-2017, 07:18 PM
Papa G
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 312 Likes on 302 Posts

Live here so always looking for notices about "crew" activities or visits but also did not see any--also guilty as we were out of town on Friday+Saturday--keep posted!

Old 03-12-2017, 07:40 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
I went up on Thursday when I saw the Hilton was only charging $110 for Thursday night.

I thought Destination had fewer vendors, and Main St had a lot of 'For Rent' empty stores.

Sorry Chuck that I didn't let you know, it was a short notice trip and I left midday on Friday.

I did not mean to make it about me...just that such a big event....and it is in Florida. Like I said, I am not a planner. I would
rather ride by myself, than sit for an hour waiting for people to show up, only to have NOBODY show up have to ride by myself anyhow.
Only other thing ticks me off, is to have someone plan a ride...I show up and they cancel because of rain (love bugs, etc.).
Main Street was humming yesterday...Destination Daytona was filling up. I went to the Speedway today (I saw a guy selling holsters that I wanted).
I do not generally go out at night. I am hoping Barbara will go out with me this Friday/Sat or Sunday.
Where ever you are, check your mirrors often. Also, when the traffic light turns green at the intersection...look LEFT, look right....and left again. Only takes a second
and might avoid a late yellow runner.
Another safety tip.....check your turn signal indicator. Don't be the person riding with a RIGHT turn signal blinking....and then complain because someone pulled
out of a side street in front of you.

End of preach.

Chuck

Old 03-13-2017, 07:59 AM
scottbob99
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

I was there Saturday with a friend from up north (not on bikes). We checked out Main Street and then to the Speedway to check out vendors and watch the Supercross. Everything was the same as two years ago except the vendors are now towards turn one of the Speedway. Seemed like a good crowd and I'm sure the weather helped.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:00 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 892 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by themensh
I did not mean to make it about me...just that such a big event....and it is in Florida. Like I said, I am not a planner. I would
rather ride by myself, than sit for an hour waiting for people to show up, only to have NOBODY show up have to ride by myself anyhow.
Only other thing ticks me off, is to have someone plan a ride...I show up and they cancel because of rain (love bugs, etc.).
Main Street was humming yesterday...Destination Daytona was filling up. I went to the Speedway today (I saw a guy selling holsters that I wanted).
I do not generally go out at night. I am hoping Barbara will go out with me this Friday/Sat or Sunday.
Where ever you are, check your mirrors often. Also, when the traffic light turns green at the intersection...look LEFT, look right....and left again. Only takes a second
and might avoid a late yellow runner.
Another safety tip.....check your turn signal indicator. Don't be the person riding with a RIGHT turn signal blinking....and then complain because someone pulled
out of a side street in front of you.

End of preach.

Chuck
Yep, keep your eyes open and watch out!!! Was there on Main Street Saturday night when a Range Rover blew thru a light and T-boned a couple on a trike, pinning one of them between RR and a car. Main St was shut down back across the intracoastal, kinda eery sight....

Old 03-13-2017, 06:55 PM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry I wrecked my bike Chuck.....but I woulda been there.....
Maybe next year?