"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Shop Suggestions in South Florida

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 12:35 PM
ReallyRandy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

V-Twin City is now an Indian Dealer. I stopped the other day and no more Harleys. Also Eagle Riders in Lauderdale by the Airport is not a Harley dealer any longer. They only rent bikes now.
I'm going to need a new shop too. Guess I'll try White Knuckles.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:56 AM
Breezer
3rd Gear

Kens cycles in Davie was recommended to me. I just dropped off my bike due to an electrical issue. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:22 PM
ReallyRandy
Novice

Originally Posted by Breezer
Kens cycles in Davie was recommended to me. I just dropped off my bike due to an electrical issue. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Cool, Let us know how they are.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:41 PM
Breezer
3rd Gear

Hey guys, so I just got my bike back on Saturday and I couldn't be happier. She was in there a total of 16 days. Mostly because I have an impeccable sense of timing and I took the bike in the week of Sturgis. The back story is that I installed a bunch of parts, over a period of 2 months. I work a lot so I worked on her here and there whenever I could. After tearing her down and putting her back together, I was having an electrical issue. At my wits end and not having ridden in months I gave up and just took the bike to a shop. I probably could have figured it out but I just wanted to ride. Ken is a nice guy and easy to talk too. He will def answer all your questions and discuss all your options. His shop is clean, organized and busy. I got to know a few of his guys and they're all awesome. Ken and I discussed my bike and I told him exactly what I wanted. He did not disappoint. Ken will tell you straight up he's not the cheapest, nor is he the most expensive. The shop rate is $85 an hour, one thing to keep in mind is that as meticulous as Ken is, he is also very detail oriented and nothing is rushed. So while everything comes out perfect, there is a price to pay. I had two rat nests of wires in two different locations and he cleaned it all up. I mean it looks factory! I wish I had before pictures of these wires. While I spent more then I thought I would, the bike runs like a champ and again I couldn't be happier. This isn't just a shop that throws on an exhaust, I mean they'll do that too, but they hand make a lot of their parts. They are fabricators, problem solvers, and there are some bikes in there that they have built that are straight show stoppers. I mean they have custom everything. I may go back next year and have him build my engine, but for now its time to rack up the miles. Would I recommend him? Absolutely.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:52 PM
Breezer
3rd Gear