"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

A question about SunPass and Motorcycles?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redman53
Huh? ....
I really shouldn't have to explain this to the SP. Spread the word. The word is legs. Spread the legs. Seriously, you didn't get that!

Old 12-25-2009, 08:25 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,313 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff_Fla
I really shouldn't have to explain this to the SP. Spread the word. The word is legs. Spread the legs. Seriously, you didn't get that!
Uhhhhh... too much egg nog clouds the mind.... hehe!!!

Old 12-26-2009, 05:11 PM
redman53
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff_Fla
Oh...SP been single wayyy too long...

Old 12-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

I thought he was joking that he didn't get the spread 'em joke! Thats not our sick puppy at all! Nice addition to the Sig line SP

Just like Phil DOES the damnedest things, Steve seems to always say the damedest things! LOL Remember the bath robe incident? I think he does that on purpose, much like I do 'em on purpose

The leg blocks it so ya gotta get Closer to the gate and she'll open up. Rofl..I'll remember that!

Last edited by Phlip96; 12-29-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:00 AM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Phlip96
I thought he was joking that he didn't get the spread 'em joke! Thats not our sick puppy at all! Nice addition to the Sig line SP

Just like Phil DOES the damnedest things, Steve seems to always say the damedest things! LOL Remember the bath robe incident? I think he does that on purpose, much like I do 'em on purpose

The leg blocks it so ya gotta get Closer to the gate and she'll open up. Rofl..I'll remember that!
Yeah, it was on purpose... but I had to do some serious back pedaling when ya'll told the wife about it.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:18 AM
bojolinda
Stage II
Default Sunpass

I'm not a Harley rider - our old Shadow was uncomfortable and impossible for trips, so we tried out "seats" on Harleys and Goldwings, and the '12 GW won (hubby didn't even take it for a ride, just had me sit on different seats first). Anyway, I found your group because we went on a trip this week and bought a Sunpass. First hubby bought the wrong one (sticker). I took it back and got the portable and registered it. The website basically said to put on windshield and I didn't know how that would stick being so new and slick and slight vibration. You would think it would fall off. So I tried to call but they had a super-long wait. I checked out found some GW blogs that had tips from the left compartment, under gas lid (on older bikes), under trunk, handlebars (ours seem too "short"), tie wrapped to windshield vents. So we went with left front compartment. We headed from Brevard to watch a musician in Orlando, then head over to Silver Springs and Weeki Wachee the next day. Weren't sure it it worked because we went through high-speed lanes until our last toll Wednesday and got a red light and buzzer at the small booth. I've had problems at that toll both with my daughter's transponder in my car and it would come up "inactive toll" and charge anyway. On the second leg of our trip, we left Orlando and headed to Ocala, then after that Weeki Wachee. No tolls there. Had to be home at a certain time and traffic was bad, so got off 50 and took toll roads through Orlando. Knowing it did not work in Orlando the night before, I tried holding it on the expressway, then tried my left jacket pocket on 528. Checked Sunpass account this morning and no transponder activity as of midnight (we got home 6 hours earlier). Didn't even show an inactive toll. So looked at website again and saw there is a transponder holder for motorcycles. It is basically a mesh pouch. So I don't know why this thing did not work in my jacket pocket because my jacket is summer armor and basically mesh? We really don't want to tie wrap this thing to the vent. I guess I will try to find this "transponder holder" (I only found a YouTube video and it looked like a large Harley dealer). In the meantime, I will have to try the transponder in the registered car to see if it is actually working. From what I've seen on GW groups, most bikers get violations even when mounted properly, so I'm surprised there is so much success here.

Originally Posted by watsoncon
Hi Gang, I wanted to know if anyone could give me feedback on how well a SunPass transponder would work in my jacket pocket since I don't have a windshield or want to mount it on the handle bars the way SunPass told me to do it. I currently have been avoiding rides that go via toll roads or selecting routes that bypass them altogether. I figured someone in this group would know the answer and I even read on some thread of a member called SunPass! .... Ross

Old 02-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

For your first post you replied to a thread that has been dead for 3 years. Watsoncon hasn't posted in over a year.

Consider introducing yourself to the Crew in a new thread.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bojolinda
I'm not a Harley rider - our old Shadow was uncomfortable and impossible for trips, so we tried out "seats" on Harleys and Goldwings, and the '12 GW won (hubby didn't even take it for a ride, just had me sit on different seats first). Anyway, I found your group because we went on a trip this week and bought a Sunpass. First hubby bought the wrong one (sticker). I took it back and got the portable and registered it. The website basically said to put on windshield and I didn't know how that would stick being so new and slick and slight vibration. You would think it would fall off. So I tried to call but they had a super-long wait. I checked out found some GW blogs that had tips from the left compartment, under gas lid (on older bikes), under trunk, handlebars (ours seem too "short"), tie wrapped to windshield vents. So we went with left front compartment. We headed from Brevard to watch a musician in Orlando, then head over to Silver Springs and Weeki Wachee the next day. Weren't sure it it worked because we went through high-speed lanes until our last toll Wednesday and got a red light and buzzer at the small booth. I've had problems at that toll both with my daughter's transponder in my car and it would come up "inactive toll" and charge anyway. On the second leg of our trip, we left Orlando and headed to Ocala, then after that Weeki Wachee. No tolls there. Had to be home at a certain time and traffic was bad, so got off 50 and took toll roads through Orlando. Knowing it did not work in Orlando the night before, I tried holding it on the expressway, then tried my left jacket pocket on 528. Checked Sunpass account this morning and no transponder activity as of midnight (we got home 6 hours earlier). Didn't even show an inactive toll. So looked at website again and saw there is a transponder holder for motorcycles. It is basically a mesh pouch. So I don't know why this thing did not work in my jacket pocket because my jacket is summer armor and basically mesh? We really don't want to tie wrap this thing to the vent. I guess I will try to find this "transponder holder" (I only found a YouTube video and it looked like a large Harley dealer). In the meantime, I will have to try the transponder in the registered car to see if it is actually working. From what I've seen on GW groups, most bikers get violations even when mounted properly, so I'm surprised there is so much success here.
I have mine stuck to the back of my windshield below my pouch on my Road King and it works great.

Welcome to the Florida Crew. Please start a new post to introduce yourself. Hope to see you out on a ride soon.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:24 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Big Gator
For your first post you replied to a thread that has been dead for 3 years. Watsoncon hasn't posted in over a year.

Consider introducing yourself to the Crew in a new thread.
...and maybe just the Cliffs Notes version next. Under the influence of Ambien it to me 5 times to read it beore I gave up.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Um they will, my battery has been dead on the transponder for past 3 months they got pissed and sent me a letter tellin me to change the battery.
My experience for the past year now.........
I called SunPass and registered my tag number along with my truck. They told me that I don't need to carry the SunPass with me on the bike and they would bill the same account as the truck's.
They have only actually billed me for useage a couple times. PM me if ya wanna know how.

Quick Reply: A question about SunPass and Motorcycles?