"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Helmet law

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 AM
MNAY0227
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Helmet law

Was wondering with your helmet law, if the cops harass you guys alot down there planning to come down there during bike week and also going to spend a few days in Miami.And if you know if they are biker friendly down towards Miami.Thanks

Old 01-19-2011, 10:45 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MNAY0227
Was wondering with your helmet law, if the cops harass you guys alot down there planning to come down there during bike week and also going to spend a few days in Miami.And if you know if they are biker friendly down towards Miami.Thanks
No helmets required here, and the whole state is biker friendly, although I have no clue why you would want to spend a couple days in Miami.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:11 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and certainly not in a bike.

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
No helmets required here, and the whole state is biker friendly, although I have no clue why you would want to spend a couple days in Miami.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:20 PM
1of2
"Moderator"
Received 951 Likes on 341 Posts

Actually we do have a helmet law. You have to have minimal health insurance. If you have insurance from work your card will be all you need. Cops don't really harass bikers here that I have seen. Just don't be stupid and they seem to leave you alone.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:33 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

No worry about cops, coolest cop state I ever lived in, just dont be a jackass like me. Come on down to Miami you will like it, all the skerdy cats up north (Fla) dont know what they are missing. You have to be very careful riding here in Miami though, not for the light hearted. Let me know when your coming I might be around to show ya a little of Miami.

Old 01-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
all the skerdy cats up north (Fla) dont know what they are missing.
You got that right. I get nervous when I get south of Sebring!

Old 01-19-2011, 02:50 PM
hig4s
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually the cops around here do harass sport bikes. But not generally cruisers or touring bikes.

Old 01-19-2011, 03:11 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MNAY0227
I used to live in Raleigh, Off of Rosemary st by NC state, I also lived on South Suanders st, and way out on Old Stage road as well as out in Morrisville for awhile. Thanks for the memories.
If you are over 21 in Florida you have to have $10,000 worth of health coverage to ride with no helmet or 10k in cash in the bank suffices. All under 21 have to wear one including passengers. You do not have to have insurance on a motorcycle down here though, not even liability, although I can not imagine riding without it, there are plenty of folks that do.
Cops are not really bad anywhere as long as you are not showing your ***. Daytona has been writing a lot of loud pipes tickets to the throttle jockeys who constantly rev on the strip so just act right and enjoy your trip. All I know about the Miami area is how to go around it but Masterblaster can tell you everything you need to know. Have a great time in Florida!

Old 01-19-2011, 03:25 PM
SoFla
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't speak about nightlife in Miami (I'll leave that up to masterblaster)...

But friends and I ended up at a few places Saturday night in Hollywood (or as SP affectionately calls it... Hollyweird)....

First place was a pretty good watering hole called Jimbos.. very friendly locals, and a couple of interesting girls.

From Jimbos we headed to a place called Now Art Cafe. There we met several women that got us to meet them at a Latin Nightclub called Spice... around 2 AM (the redhead grabbed me by the hand and started pulling me through the crowd and said "We are headed to Hard Rock, you're coming with us"... ended up home around 6am.

I'll let you figure out which girls belong with which location... ; )

Once again, a perfectly good thread goes off track !

Attached Thumbnails Helmet law-imag0214.jpg   Helmet law-imag0217.jpg  
Old 01-19-2011, 03:59 PM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFla

Once again, a perfectly good thread goes off track !
Yeah...but what a nice derail. Hee heeee heeeeee.

Quick Reply: Helmet law