Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your opinion of the Harley

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 08:46 PM
smokingjoe
Road Captain
Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Your opinion of the Harley

Infotainment navigator ?
I been trying the trip planner on my computer all day trying to get a route mapped to Shreveport La. do some black jack playing.
I finally give up on the Trip planner, and thought well Ill just put it in the Bike navigator and take what I get.
The damn thing won't even let me type Shreveport in it man I give up !!! I'll just take my truck......Fhd
joe

Old 06-24-2017, 08:59 PM
big- mike
Road Warrior
Received 221 Likes on 139 Posts

How did anybody ever go on a trip before all this gps and computer trip planners? Oh I know rand McNally makes a book for I think about $12.00 called a road atlas that's my gps. If you can get there in your truck you can get there on your bike. Jmho

The following 3 users liked this post by big- mike:
fprice02 (06-24-2017), SBRob (06-27-2017), smokingjoe (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 09:07 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 255 Likes on 158 Posts

it is quirky and you have to play with it a bunch to learn it but it will get you to where you don't know where you are going. it sometimes will tell you to turn when you are at the turn. it down't do well when highways split for local and express. but when you do not know how to get where you are going it will get you there.

one trick that helped me tremendously was to have the next turn instruction on the lower line instead of what is playing on the radio and i like it to be fairly zoomed in so i can see the colored line on the map to mentally prepare for the upcoming event.

The following users liked this post:
smokingjoe (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 09:07 PM
Weeboy1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 806 Likes on 591 Posts

OH gawd no gps!
The horror!
Getting a little lost along the way is part of the adventure.
Maybe park the bike and the truck, take a bus ! Someone will figure out where to turn.
Yeesh, you can't be serious!

Old 06-24-2017, 09:08 PM
FunGramps
Banned
Received 1,544 Likes on 900 Posts

Originally Posted by big- mike
How did anybody ever go on a trip before all this gps and computer trip planners? Oh I know rand McNally makes a book for I think about $12.00 called a road atlas that's my gps. If you can get there in your truck you can get there on your bike. Jmho
Yep. I like the pocket-size maps. Motorcycles will soon have more gadgets and controls than aircraft.

smokingjoe (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 09:14 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,000 Likes on 2,202 Posts

Originally Posted by smokingjoe
Infotainment navigator ?
I been trying the trip planner on my computer all day trying to get a route mapped to Shreveport La. do some black jack playing.
I finally give up on the Trip planner, and thought well Ill just put it in the Bike navigator and take what I get.
The damn thing won't even let me type Shreveport in it man I give up !!! I'll just take my truck......Fhd
joe
Joe, watch this video.

smokingjoe (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 09:27 PM
smokingjoe
Road Captain

Well what I was trying to do men was sneak in a short trip to do some gambling.
What I thought I would do is route a back roads trip staying off the interstate.
I use the navigator when i get lost, you folks that ride the back roads in the Tx hill country know what I mean, suns setting fast and I don't have a clue where I am, because I know alll I hafta do is punch that go home button[smile] and it works .
This is the first time I tried planning a back road trip outa state, might be a lil much for the poor thang[smile]
best/joe

Old 06-24-2017, 09:32 PM
smokingjoe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
Joe, watch this video.

https://youtu.be/GDZlwYhZ5gs
Thanks, I watched this one and every other one i could find on youtube and google.
I get it done all the way to my flash drive, but the Boom Box just won't import it.
No big deal, as far as I know it could be a bad flash drive but I don't think so, If you bike is handy try and type Shreveport into it, mine just won't let you do it, blanks out the letters you need.
best/joe

Old 06-24-2017, 09:33 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,232 Likes on 2,471 Posts

if it wouldn't let you type in Shreveport, it's possible that it was looking for cities in texas. my gps in my truck will do that. seems counterintuitive, but you have to select the state first, then the city, then the address.

I don't have a rushmore gps, so i'm just guessing here, but really can't see any other reason for not being able to input Shreveport.

did you get a chance to play?

smokingjoe (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 09:38 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 255 Likes on 158 Posts

i do not have experience with the usb stick in the rushmore but it sounds like it could be a formatting issue. are you using a mac with an osx (journaled) stick? or have you never formatted the stick since it came out of the package? i have run into issues with other devices that do not like the file systems on some sticks.

Quick Reply: Your opinion of the Harley