Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Road King, auxiliary switch & Boss Audio MC420b questions....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 08:36 AM
Lethal Weapon
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 83 Posts
Default 2009 Road King, auxiliary switch & Boss Audio MC420b questions....

The last 3 years I have owed my 2009 Road King and now wanting to add the Boss Audio Bluetooth speaker & amp set up. (Small, but should be a nice addition on the long trips and these actually get great reviews!).

I have the Boss speaker & amp on order and should be here next week. I also JUST ordered an HD MM on the bike but hoping someone would help & chime in on a couple questions.

I just picked up the "splitter" from the HD dealer yesterday that connects to the left side Auxiliary switch connector under the seat. I believe this amp will just have 2 wires (pos & neg) to hook up. But I don't want the amp to always be on.

So I would like to connect those wires to the auxiliary switch and I will control when I want it on & off.

Questions:
There are 4 wires in that connector. Is one ground & the others are "hot" with different options, (Always on, key hot, etc)?
If so does anyone know which is which?

Also: is that auxiliary switch on a relay? Is it able to handle the amperage load of the amp, without fear of melting any wires or the switch?

I thought I'd ask ahead for any answers ahead of time.

Thanks guys!

Attached Thumbnails 2009 Road King, auxiliary switch & Boss Audio MC420b questions....-photo482.jpg   2009 Road King, auxiliary switch & Boss Audio MC420b questions....-photo125.jpg   2009 Road King, auxiliary switch & Boss Audio MC420b questions....-photo134.jpg   2009 Road King, auxiliary switch & Boss Audio MC420b questions....-photo894.jpg   2009 Road King, auxiliary switch & Boss Audio MC420b questions....-photo96.jpg  

2009 Road King, auxiliary switch & Boss Audio MC420b questions....-photo311.jpg  
Old 07-28-2017, 11:36 AM
GoofySB
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

See last post in this https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...connector.html

I have the same speakers. First set lasted a month, but replaced without hassle. Had a non blue tooth version for 3 years. I found the included clamps to be a PIA for mounting to my handlebars. Needed a second person to hold the speaker. Otherwise I like them, especially for the cost.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:39 AM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

I don't remember the pin out but a search will turn it up. I know it was in a thread last week. The wires are on with ignition, on with acc switch, brake light feed and ground. The B+ (always on) is a different, single connector.
The acc position is not relay controlled. You will need to get a relay and set up to power amp from battery.

Old 07-28-2017, 11:59 AM
Lethal Weapon
Road Master

Originally Posted by GoofySB
See last post in this https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...connector.html

I have the same speakers. First set lasted a month, but replaced without hassle. Had a non blue tooth version for 3 years. I found the included clamps to be a PIA for mounting to my handlebars. Needed a second person to hold the speaker. Otherwise I like them, especially for the cost.
Thank you!
Good info to know.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:02 PM
Lethal Weapon
Road Master

Originally Posted by ORradtech
I don't remember the pin out but a search will turn it up. I know it was in a thread last week. The wires are on with ignition, on with acc switch, brake light feed and ground. The B+ (always on) is a different, single connector.
The acc position is not relay controlled. You will need to get a relay and set up to power amp from battery.
Thank you!
That's exactly what I needed to know.
I appreciate it!