Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has Cobra Slip On Neighbor Haters?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 06:38 AM
SCGamecock
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Who has Cobra Slip On Neighbor Haters?

Do you like them?
Do yours have removable baffles?
What end design do you have?
How loud are they?
Pic's?

It looks like these are the correct ones for mu 2015 Ultra Limited Low. Cobra slipons Part # 6107???

Old 05-23-2018, 10:20 AM
Chilidog11
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I have them on my 2017 SGS. To me, they are really loud. They did set off the neighbors car alarm when i road by. Mine still have the baffles and have the plain rounded chrome ends.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:29 AM
Leverlution
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have them on my 18 RKS. Same experience. Loud in my experience, good sound. No complaints. Happy with them.

Old 05-23-2018, 10:29 AM
Leverlution
Cruiser

No idea of the baffle is removable or not

Old 05-23-2018, 11:58 AM
SCGamecock
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am looking for something that has a nice throaty sound at idle and good tone at consistent speed. From what I am hearing these may be too loud for what I am wanting. Any other brand suggestions?

Old 05-23-2018, 12:18 PM
Leverlution
Cruiser

Originally Posted by SCGamecock
I am looking for something that has a nice throaty sound at idle and good tone at consistent speed. From what I am hearing these may be too loud for what I am wanting. Any other brand suggestions?
before I decided, i listened to a lot of YouTube sound clips (especially from retailers) on a computer that had multiple speakers and a subwoofer, and in my car. Not phone speakers etc. Then once I narrowed down a few options based on the type of sound I wanted (tone, clean or raw etc) I googled and read reviews from a few different places to get an idea of real world sound and volume. Got lucky and heard the neighbor haters at the dealer but I had already ordered them heh. I would go to the dealer on a Saturday or during an event and try to hear some.

mine are a bit louder than I wanted, but I'm happy with them. Nice mini lope at idle, can hear the exhaust on the highway and barks loud when you get on them, but you can still drown it out with a sena jn your helmet when you're cruising and idle through the neighborhood quietly (ish). Since it's behind you, it's not obnoxious in my opinion. Mine hasn't broke in yet though. As far as sound itself, they're very deep compared to stock, with a raw straight pipe Chevy type of sound rather than a smooth clean noise. Idle has a small mini lope when the engine temp isn't on.

Old 05-23-2018, 07:37 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

I have Cobra RPT's on my 07 Superglide and it sounded good. Have Rineharts on my current bike and the RPT's had a little deeper sound. The advice above is good, plenty of before and after video's available to listen to.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:17 PM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Leverlution
I have them on my 18 RKS. Same experience. Loud in my experience, good sound. No complaints. Happy with them. ,
I really like the look of those. I’m looking at slip ons for my 2018 SGS and these were in the top running. Are those 4 inch?

Old 05-23-2018, 08:21 PM
Leverlution
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LACOUNTRYHICK

I really like the look of those. I’m looking at slip ons for my 2018 SGS and these were in the top running. Are those 4 inch?
my dealer ordered them so I dont have part numbers, but i asked for 4in instead of 4.5 to make sure i didnt lose ground clearance for cornering. Pipes are 4in and bell out to 4.5 at the very end.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:01 AM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,191 Likes on 5,618 Posts

Originally Posted by SCGamecock
I run Rush slip ons, deep low rumble at idle, somewhat loud when I give it some throttle.

Quick Reply: Who has Cobra Slip On Neighbor Haters?