Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle-X battery and battery tender

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2018, 01:39 PM
ElectraJim
Road Warrior

Received 658 Likes on 357 Posts
Default Throttle-X battery and battery tender

Just got around to replacing my tired old NAPA battery that was in the bike when I bought it used. I ordered a Throttle-X battery (X-rated model), from Amazon. So far, I’ve noticed my bike cranks over much faster. The thing that bugs me is, I plug in a battery tender( It’s the battery tender brand which I think is Deltran?), but, it seems as though the tender is always showing in a charging state, not in maintain or charged state. I had it plugged in for a two week period and when I came back from a business trip, it was still in charging mode. Something tells me this isn’t normal. The battery seems to start the bike and it cranks over really fast. Should I be concerned that my battery tender never shows this new battery in fully charged mode?

Thanks guys.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:49 PM
adognharley
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I have two Deltran battery tenders. Both of them start out showing a steady red light letting me know it is charging.
Then, when it is about 80% charged, both will show a flashing green.
And when it is 100% charged and in trickle mode, it is a steady green.

My smallest battery tender(the junior),with the slowest charging rate never takes more than an hour to show the steady green. But normally after a ride, my battery tenders show fully charged within 15 minutes. So, I would assume something is wrong with your charger or set up. ???

The following users liked this post:
ElectraJim (07-12-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 02:43 PM
ElectraJim
Road Warrior

Received 658 Likes on 357 Posts

The battery tender did exactly as you described, adognharley, with my old battery. It’s something with this throttle-X battery. Guess I need to check voltage levels.