Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yelvington Reverse Pulley no longer available

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2022, 10:10 PM
Classic 10
Cruiser
Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Yelvington Reverse Pulley no longer available

FYI for those who may be interested:

The Yelvington reverse pulley by Suspension Technologies is no longer in production. I recently tried to get some info on it and a few days ago finally received this email back from them:
Good morning
In the past Yelvington was a part of our Company. Yelvington does not exist anymore. As of March 2020 we stopped production of the Reverse Pulley. At this time we do not have any plans to start up again.

Thank you
Steve

Old 02-12-2022, 11:06 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,354 Likes on 888 Posts

Bummer.

Though I’m not surprised it didn’t last.

The following users liked this post:
smitty901 (02-15-2022)
Old 02-13-2022, 12:00 AM
Sparky357
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts

Baker is truly the best choice.

Old 02-13-2022, 12:18 AM
Classic 10
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Sparky357
Baker is truly the best choice.
I tried with Baker; the F6R reverse transmission. But they never returned any communication over a period of at least 7 months and I won’t put up with that. I’ve heard others complain about that with Baker also. Getting older and have some hip issues but I’ll just keep going with the old standard Flinstone reverse for now. I’m always cognizant of where/how I park but still - occasionally you come across a situation where you can only do so much.

Old 02-13-2022, 07:00 AM
RevnUp
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no experience or firsthand knowledge, but on another forum there were positive comments about a Champion reverse kit.

Old 02-13-2022, 09:05 AM
pyuchem
Road Warrior
Received 897 Likes on 432 Posts

I have motor trike reverse on my street glide and like it. Use it everyday backing up. It cost $1500 and installation was another $300.

Best mod I did on my bike. I’m 5-4’ and had to have something to help me back up the bike. Motor trike reverse- love it.

Old 02-13-2022, 11:10 PM
Classic 10
Cruiser

Originally Posted by RevnUp
I have no experience or firsthand knowledge, but on another forum there were positive comments about a Champion reverse kit.
I appreciate the input and I checked it out online but I don't want to reach down under my leg to shift into reverse. That was one thing that I really liked about the Baker F6R - a switch on the left switch housing to activate and then your shift lever like you're putting it into 1st but instead you're in reverse and you keep your hands and feet on the bars and ground. If I'm in a spot where I need reverse, I don't want to be balancing and holding the brake with my right foot off the ground to hold the rear brake and hand off the grip and brake to reach down. Sure it's a much more expensive option but one I'm willing to pay to get what I want and improve the safety factor for the wife and me. But...if they ain't gonna give any service/support, it's a no-go for me.

Old 02-13-2022, 11:15 PM
Classic 10
Cruiser

Originally Posted by pyuchem
I have motor trike reverse on my street glide and like it. Use it everyday backing up. It cost $1500 and installation was another $300.

Best mod I did on my bike. I’m 5-4’ and had to have something to help me back up the bike. Motor trike reverse- love it.
Fill me in on the motor trike reverse please. Is this what they put on the factory trikes? If so, I have looked at that a little but was under the impression that it wouldn't fit a 2 wheeler. Or is that the name of an aftermarket parts company?

Old 02-14-2022, 05:51 AM
jake24lt
Road Warrior
Received 1,322 Likes on 738 Posts

Looks like there some still available here....maybe

https://www.easternperformance.com/s...uring-flh.html

Old 02-14-2022, 07:46 AM
pyuchem
Road Warrior
Received 897 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by Classic 10
Fill me in on the motor trike reverse please. Is this what they put on the factory trikes? If so, I have looked at that a little but was under the impression that it wouldn't fit a 2 wheeler. Or is that the name of an aftermarket parts company?
I think they make it for trike but it also fit 2 wheelers. It works on mine and there are several folks here that have it. Here’s the pic and cool YouTube video showing how it works.

Quick Reply: Yelvington Reverse Pulley no longer available